Search results for query: *

1. Silktree

Space World 1997 demo for Pokemon Gold leaked

I find it hard to believe that out of four returning Elite Four members, none would have reprised their roles (or been promoted).
  2. Silktree

But we know that Giovanni, Misty, Bruno, Lorelei and Lance were supposed to battle the player, don't we? And they were placed together if we ignore the protagonist. It isn't a big leap.
  3. Silktree

I wouldn't call it a dumb move so much as a possibly undeserved one. Being promoted to the Elite Four isn't community service - it's a reward. Giovanni would have had to be heroic to deserve that honor. Maybe if he'd helped the player against Team Rocket, that would have been enough for Lance...
  4. Silktree

The Johto games also had the Power Plant subplot (which included Copycat's doll). Like the Ampharos one, it was tied to the progression rather than just trivia. I’ve noticed two neat things in the unused graphics. Imposter Oak: Could this have been the real villain behind Team Rocket? He would...
  5. Silktree

Some great fanart has appeared: 1. A baby party. 2. Sugimori-like artwork for the entire roster. Also in video form where you can see the sprites. The only qualm I have is that Madame's rendition looks off compared to the sprite. It's as if the artist wanted her to look really badass, or...
  6. Silktree

Have a look at a categorization of all the beta Pokemon courtesy of /vp/: They missed the Tyrogue connection.
  7. Silktree

It was a blurry, colorless beta picture released in 2010. I don't think that the original girl looked like Lyra.
  8. Silktree

Ah, there's another ROM which allows you to forego the demo and just play the game as normal until it crashes. I'd send a link if it were allowed.
  9. Silktree

As I said, it was on /vp/. People have access to the game and the early part is playable. I trust that GlitterBerri will translate the interesting text (possibly beyond Silent Hills) eventually.
  10. Silktree

They're annual movies produced by the same staff. More to the point: For Pocket Monsters 2, I don't think it made sense to promote just one version mascot, but maybe they were waiting until the last minute to come up with a good design. As it happens, they bought themselves a lot more time to...
  11. Silktree

There is no way the Lugia movie started production in 1997. Here's an interview from before the demo. The most notable detail is:
  12. Silktree

I had assumed that Lugia was re-designed to be aquatic for the movie. But it didn't exist as of the demo, which was only 4 months ahead of the planned release date. Proto Sneasel and Leafeon are also among the legendaries. That may not mean anything. Here's a neat translation I found on /vp/...
  13. Silktree

You're forgetting about version mascots. What did the titles mean initially? Ho-Oh was used for the title screen in Gold, and I believe even Silver. That's odd.
  14. Silktree

I have little doubt that someone will use the map and Pokemon for a fan game. I wonder if it will be a GB or GBC game. I haven't seen anyone say that the absence of Lugia makes the existence of two versions really odd. Even in 1997 the titles were Pocket Monsters 2 Gold and Silver. I'm really...
  15. Silktree

Pikablu was a stupid name kids came up with.
  16. Silktree

I like Rayleep, and prefer Gelanla to Tangrowth, as well as Likk to Lickilicky. I wonder if we'll get typings and stats soon, so that fan games can use these scrapped concepts without making up too much stuff. Pokedex entries weren't in the demo, unfortunately. Just for the record, Tajiri said...
  17. Silktree

Tcrf.net is a very reliable source for beta information. There is a ROM which contains the demo events.
  18. Silktree

That bird you compared to Farfetch'd/Lugia is called Madame, so it's neither. What's more surprising is that the robot lion is... Porygon2! Check the names here. The otter before Ho-Oh is called Sneasel, too.
  19. Silktree

The final Pokedex was definitely better. I'd say that Girafarig and Aipom shouldn’t have been altered, while the voodoo doll and otter deserved to be kept. I also like proto Noctowl (it actually had a different name) about as much as the final design. But that's about it. I see babies for...
Back
Top Bottom