Search results for query: *

1. Silktree

Preview M22: Mewtwo's Counterattack Evolution

The original Mewtwo was polite in Japanese? Villainous and polite don't go together. Anyway, its personality hasn't changed.
  2. Silktree

Just because Mewtwo didn't have a conscious memory of them doesn't mean that the event didn't shape his demeanor. It explains perfectly why he killed Dr. Fuji, because he had previously told him that Ambertwo was disposable. That kind of thing doesn't just go away.
  3. Silktree

I'm trying to understand OLM's point of view here, so those examples don't quite count. At the end of the day, Shudo only had a chance to flesh out Mewtwo's backstory in the radio drama, presumably because OLM didn't want too much sadness right at the start of a dark prologue. The home release...
  4. Silktree

Welcome to 4 months ago.
  5. Silktree

It is one of the few movies that had something to say to begin with. With Shudo being dead, there was only so much they could have added to the script. And you just know that heavier changes probably wouldn't have been good, be they about Armored Mewtwo, a random mythical or Dynamax. As for it...
  6. Silktree

While I think that the movie is worse without Amber, I can see the rationale. Does any movie start with a sad death scene other than Kanzenban Movie 1? I can't think of any, which leads me to believe that they want to restrict that kind of scenes to endings. Even Aaron's sacrifice was only...
  7. Silktree

I like the visuals despite the humans leaving something to be desired. The South America scenes are particularly beautiful. I am not sure why TRio look happy when the storm starts.
  8. Silktree

I don't know why they didn't invite Brock, Misty or especially Mewtwo's voice actors. The song is great (one of the only two movie songs I like), but it shouldn't be the focus. Also, Mewtwo's Birth (with Amber) had better be part of the prologue as the first trailer implied. There is no short...
  9. Silktree

The serialization of the Mewtwo Returns manga has started. There is a montage of Ash's team that includes Heracross, but maybe it's just a recap of the Pokemon he's used in Johto. Ash only uses Pikachu, Bulbasaur and Chikorita in the special.
  10. Silktree

I still like the Pokemon and environment well enough.
  11. Silktree

Maybe she's from the future.
  12. Silktree

That's the worst character re-design in my opinion. Originally, she was very distinct and exuded wisdom:
  13. Silktree

I like the new version. It's the first time I can appreciate Shoko's voice. But come to think of it, Mayumi Iizuka singing a duet with Sachiko Kibayashi would have been a lovely nod to the very first trailer.
  14. Silktree

Mewtwo Returns is getting a serialized manga adaptation in CoroCoro Special. It will start on June 28th, but there is no snippet (only for this movie's adaptation). It's handled by the same mangaka, so expect the same art style (which is nice). I wish The Birth of Mewtwo would get the same...
  15. Silktree

Hmm, people who attend Anime Expo aren't exactly plebs. They're mostly western otakus. Just the different armor, and maybe Giovanni battling Mewtwo (and destroying the armor by accident) if the manga adaptation is completely faithful (which I doubt). That would exactly demonstrate how change...
  16. Silktree

I remember that "I Choose You" premiered at the Japan Expo in Paris.
  17. Silktree

They promoted the Mewtwo Balls by showing 20-30 seconds of related footage. I wish they hadn't called it a trailer. Movie 1 greatly benefited from the Giovanni connection, and many movies weren't hindered at all by being set in the regular continuity (I can think of about five that utilized...
  18. Silktree

What plot holes? Ignoring the dub, the only thing that arguably didn't make sense was the tears, but even that nicely tied into Ambertwo's death scene. I am not sure how resurrection was handled better in other movies (even using a Pokemon like Xerneas is pretty cheap).
  19. Silktree

It would be nice if you didn't treat "the original movie sucked" as a fact or sneer at those who liked it.
  20. Silktree

The Ono manga looked pretty bad, but the new one seems fine based on the preview.
Back
Top Bottom