Search results for query: *

1. Silktree

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

I am not going to respond to this when we still don't know what continuity is involved here. The 2014 calendar featured Sylveon and Kanto trio, which had meager roles in 2014. For the 2013 calendar, Kyurem never appeared in the actual anime, and even Movie 15 was a 2012 thing. I think it would...
  2. Silktree

It would be really contrived for 6+ girls to start traveling with Ash again, even if not simultaneously. This isn't a harem show.
  3. Silktree

We aren't going to reach a consensus on that with so little information. Even in the absence of an AU (a big if), older companions are not guaranteed.
  4. Silktree

It's a curious design choice to be sure.
  5. Silktree

That looks like an Espeon that is lying down, not to mention that the proportions are very inconsistent. While a few Pokemon don't appear in their respective regions, they appear right next door. Alola is opposite of Johto.
  6. Silktree

It isn't worth derailing the thread.
  7. Silktree

His opinion is not news. Let's not be desperate. With the anime covering all regions, there will be a lot of merchandise with no ties to any games. Hell, that's been the case before. One can only hope. That Snorlax does make me think of Dynamax, though.
  8. Silktree

Last I checked Greninja was the most marketable Kalos Pokemon. It will be included no matter what. Imagine if Movie 20 hadn't featured any Charizard. You'd have a point if the poster featured Ash-Greninja or anything that is explicitly a reference to Ash's past.
  9. Silktree

I don't know whether or not this is an AU, but the art doesn't scream "this is Alola Champion Ash who is ready to take on the world." I think I spot another new character surfing on Mantine, but they're too pixelated. It might just be the Scorbunny character with different clothes.
  10. Silktree

I have no doubt that the target audience is still kids and as such returning to old regions will not be about reliving the past per se. Movie 21 wasn't a retelling at all. I think that we could very well get similar stories, and I don't see what would be wrong with that.
  11. Silktree

I don't know about the director because Bulbapedia doesn't even state her name, but the Rica interview is being blown out of proportion. For one thing, her Movie 20 interviews failed to make a distinction between the two versions of Ash; she clearly didn't think that the differences were that...
  12. Silktree

I'll just add this: The main reason to opt for an AU is so that the older regions feel new, from the perspective of an Ash that hasn't been to them yet (and really, he only saw Pallet in the movie and then a bunch of made up locations). Kids are supposed to relate to him, after all. I can't...
  13. Silktree

shrugs I guess that this thread is pretty pointless until the 29th, anyway. One of the two confirmed things is being called speculation, and any actual speculation is derided if it isn't predictable or fanservicy.
  14. Silktree

Just to nip this one in the bud:
  15. Silktree

The title is Pocket Monsters. We know that it's finalized; it would hurt no one to acknowledge it.
  16. Silktree

This what? I know that kids have access to the older episodes. That doesn't mean that most of them actually bother to watch more than a single region, if that. They do get new episodes, to say nothing of other shows. Japanese parents aren't exactly big on letting their kids waste away in front...
  17. Silktree

Less than a month ago and they go hand in hand with the cover. Lots of old Pokemon, some notable ones but way too many to conclude anything about returning characters, and only the Galar starters for SwSh representation. As for the streaming argument, do you really think they expect kids to...
  18. Silktree

Sure it will. The idea that this series is no different than BW-SM with their minimal references to other regions (yes, even BW and SM) is unfounded.
  19. Silktree

They're perfectly good pictures when I view the page, but I'll upload them here. First of all, rejecting an idea (which is being implied - that logo isn't random or hard to redesign) just because it doesn't fit your view of what's best for the show, isn't very wise. The target audience are not...
  20. Silktree

I love how people here can't stand any mention of an AU even though the title and logo are clearly supposed to make you consider it as an option. The calendar implies that the first year will be light on new Pokemon. Can the title of this thread be updated already?
Back
Top Bottom