Search results for query: *

1. Silktree

Preview M22: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution

Netflix largely just releases trailers and relies on word of mouth. It often works. The Go event is bigger than anything done for previous movies in quite some time.
  2. Silktree

Hmm. That sounds like the English subtitles in some Japanese DVD you talked about once. I'm interested to see the new script, but I can't really stand some of the English voices or music. So this is still interesting.
  3. Silktree

Is that what not the Japan Expo subtitles were? Based on the dub, yet more faithful than the 4Kids script?
  4. Silktree

That's quite interesting. I watched the raw version because there were no subtitles for a while, so I'll be glad to check out this version even if it's influenced by the dub somewhat (admittedly, a few lines are better in the dub).
  5. Silktree

They still have the first season on. Have they ever gone past that, except for recent seasons?
  6. Silktree

Netflix needs Japanese movies more than Disney does. It wouldn't be surprising if Netflix offered to pay more for dropping the theatrical release.
  7. Silktree

I would think that Disney XD would have aired the movie by now if there weren't a conflict with Netflix.
  8. Silktree

Reminder that it's okay not to like something that other people like, and kids certainly don't mind CG. But this movie deserves to exist. The Anime Expo subtitles were a mix of the Japanese and 4Kids versions. They apparently leaned towards the former, but they kept some classic 4Kids lines...
  9. Silktree

They're kind of clueless that way.
  10. Silktree

At the same time, Mewtwo Returns also added a lot to the story and no one expected that to be included. It's less than ideal, but the source material still exists; it's kids who are losing out, rather than the older fans. If I'm being honest, the CGI wouldn't have been a great fit for...
  11. Silktree

Mewtwo's birthday is February 6th. The 27th is Red and Green's birthday.
  12. Silktree

It's probably the rumored Netflix deal and finding the best time for the release.
  13. Silktree

It's just a matter of who is willing to pay more and what kind of contract was signed with Disney XD. Netflix has more reasons to be desperate for anime content.
  14. Silktree

This seems to have to do with the Netflix vs. Disney competition. If there's any chance at all of Japanese audio, consider me interested.
  15. Silktree

It's weird that some people can't understand the significance of a more faithful dub, even if they just watch the Japanese source (as I do). And newsflash: Kids like CGI.
  16. Silktree

The original script has already been taken care of. 4Kids could only have the rights to the English script, but that's easy to replace (like the music) even if some iconic lines are left out. Judging from Anime Expo, they actually kept a lot of the lines for the subtitles, so I don't see why the...
  17. Silktree

Reminder that they dubbed this movie months ago according to a tweet from Sarah.
  18. Silktree

It is not as if the usual limited release would carry a lot of risk, either.
  19. Silktree

I'll watch the Japanese version next month, dub be damned.
Back
Top Bottom