• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. Silktree

Preview Pocket Monsters the series (2019)

Why wouldn't I be? The first episode hasn't aired yet and the preview shows discrepancies from EP001. And I find it ridiculous that they wouldn't at least confirm that Ash's Kanto starters are coming back by now. So no, I don't know for sure what is going on, but I haven't changed my mind just...
  2. Silktree

Then compounding the problem isn't going to make things any better. If the new Pokemon (not necessarily new species) are showcased often, then the kids will warm up to them quickly even if they missed some episodes. This could only work for a handful of reserves and they don't even seem to be...
  3. Silktree

If they're afraid of kids feeling lost during two-parters, why would they bring back a lot of characters from many years ago that require re-introduction? They want maximum accessibility.
  4. Silktree

I don't think that the episodic nature will be that different than SM, except a long league seems unlikely now.
  5. Silktree

Out of curiosity, why do some veteran anime watchers still watch the dub? Especially if you're at least aware of the Japanese episode titles months ahead of the dubbed release.
  6. Silktree

I bet it's a replacement for Blastoise vs. Venusaur from Movie 20, which was in turn a replacement for Gengar vs. Nidorino. This time the trainers appear to be random.
  7. Silktree

Except he's clearly dreaming and Pikachu ends up zapping him to wake him up. Could he be dreaming about his first day? I guess, but it'd be really random (who acts out his past like that?) and going a bit far for a continuity nod. Why act excited about potentially picking one of the starters...
  8. Silktree

Yeah, I was just about to point this out. Pikachu sleeping with Ash didn't happen in the movie, either, so this seems like a third continuity to me. I don't know why they're using the movie logo, but whatever. It's clearly a remake of this classic scene from before Ash picked a starter. Why...
  9. Silktree

I'd advise against building your hopes up for seeing past companions or Pokemon. It is certainly not a big aspect of the series judging from the poster (why are all the starters unevolved but Charizard and Greninja, the latter lacking its form?). I don't find that likely when they're promoting...
  10. Silktree

Also in Operation Tempest (Pikachu battled Persian), but nothing conclusive.
  11. Silktree

They didn't say anything about the number of new Pokemon. How could you even believe that it might exceed BW's count? You're telling the voice actors of Kanto characters they can't hope for more backstory? Not to mention that those characters did get flashbacks in Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, too.
  12. Silktree

You're assuming it's the same continuity. Team Rocket could get a global plot. The vast majority of episodes to date haven't involved any villains but TRio. SM in particular barely had villains.
  13. Silktree

Sure, but the comparison to Oak's lab is misleading because that one was only visited after very long trips (they only stayed around Pallet Town while Ash was training for the Indigo League). The trips in this series are bound to be shorter. I agree that most of Go's captures will stay in the...
  14. Silktree

We don't know how long they'll stay in Vermilion City. It could be for just one episode before every trip or something.
  15. Silktree

It doesn't even matter because Hala is the one that hands out the starters in SM, although USUM change this just because.
  16. Silktree

Those are superficial differences. The starters haven't been given by the professor since B2W2, and the cultural references were also apparent in the 3DS games. As for the legendaries, it's too early to tell, but rumors suggest that they will play a bigger role than in the first two generations...
  17. Silktree

The only notable difference aside from graphics is the Wild Area, really.
  18. Silktree

The games aren't changing all that much...
  19. Silktree

The base of the series is in Kanto and there seem to be teleporters to other regions. That doesn't look like a gimmick to me. It's primarily textures and audio files. Just because a game has better graphics and audio doesn't mean that it has more content. Game Freak aren't known for their file...
  20. Silktree

Well, we won't even care about the current marketing next month. It isn't a big deal and they actually did something similar with Movie 20 (no information until April except for the title and EP001 redux).
Back
Top Bottom