Search results for query: *

1. Silverwynde

In Memoriam: Celebrities

December 5th Kirstie Alley died from colon cancer . Most remember her from Cheers but I remember her from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. But in her later years, she seemingly became...embittered? I don't know exactly how to feel about her passing. She really was problematic in the last ten years.
  2. Silverwynde

Ray Lotta dead at 67. He was known for Goodfellas and Field of Dreams; he was apparently working on another project when he passed away.
  3. Silverwynde

Gilbert Gottfried, voice of Iago from 'Aladdin' dies at 67
  4. Silverwynde

RIP Cloris Leachman
  5. Silverwynde

Peter Mayhew, who was the man behind the walking shag carpet known as Chewbacca, passed away at the age of 74. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/peter-mayhew-chewbacca-star-wars-dies-at-74-1207099 I feel like part of my childhood has died. :cry:
  6. Silverwynde

Still absolutely stunned about Prince; he went far too young. 2016 has really been kind of a suck year; we've lost too many artists too blasted soon.
  7. Silverwynde

Okay, 2015 is beginning to piss me off. :/ We've now lost John Stephenson. He was known well for voicing Mister Slate on The Flintstones and Dr Benton Quest on Jonny Quest, but I'll always remember him as Thundercracker on The Transformers. I count myself lucky to have met him at BotCon 2001...
  8. Silverwynde

We've also lost Harve Bennett, who helped to bring the Trek movies back from the brink starting with The Wrath of Khan. 2015 isn't that old and we've already lost so much in the way of talent. =/
  9. Silverwynde

Today is indeed a sad day, as we mark the passing of Leonard Nimoy. Most remember him as Mr. Spock from Star Trek but to Transformers fans, we remember him as the voice of Galvatron in the 1986 Transformers animated movie and Sentinel Prime in Dark of the Moon. Farewell, Mr. Nimoy. You are...
  10. Silverwynde

...she was the voice of Babe. Oh man, now I feel like crying; I loved that movie. She will be sorely missed.
  11. Silverwynde

The sad thing is I had an idea we'd be losing Joan Rivers: her daughter stated about a day or so before her death that she'd been moved to a private room and was being kept comfortable. No word of recovery. So when I heard the news yesterday, I wasn't terribly surprised. It still sucks, though.
  12. Silverwynde

The truly sad thing? We lost two actors from that great film. Smee (Bob Hoskins) and Peter (Robin Williams). It's heartbreaking. For me, Robin Williams will always be Mork from Mork and Mindy. I grew up on that show so it feels like I've lost a bit of my childhood hearing this news. I'll...
  13. Silverwynde

I remember him best as Cliffjumper from the G1 Transformers cartoon and as far as I know, he never made it to a BotCon. There's a missed opportunity there, as with so many others. A rather sad day, indeed.
  14. Silverwynde

Heard about that last night and it rather shocked me. I may not have been the biggest fan of The Brady Bunch but she was pretty memorable. So long, Ms. Davis. It is a poorer world without you.
  15. Silverwynde

Farewell, Mr. Valiant. Bob Hoskins, best known for his role in Who Framed Roger Rabbit? as the cynical, Toon hating detective Eddie Valiant, has passed away at the age of 71. This comes two years after his retirement from acting due to a Parkinson's diagnosis. To me, this is crushing. The...
  16. Silverwynde

It might be late, but I need to say this: I will miss you, Mr. Ramis. I can only hope you're telling everyone in the afterlife about the Twinkie and collecting some new spores, molds and fungi.
  17. Silverwynde

RIP, Leslie Neilsen. I'll really miss you.
Back
Top Bottom