• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. Slife

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Best set is definitely Calm Mind + 3 attacks + Z-crystal since Shadow Shield helps it set up nicely, but Choice Scarf/Specs sets work well too. Psychium Z with Hypnosis is another cool option. Let me know if there's anything you'd like clarified, and good luck with your battles! :)
  2. Slife

Eelektross is one of those weird ones that doesn't really have a clear role/set based on its stats spread and movepool. The set I've used most is a mixed Trick Room variant for Wi-Fi competitions. Something like this I've seen mild success with a Coil-set here and there as well. But in your...
  3. Slife

Wring out is more of a situational move that's not entirely consistent. If you can't get HP fire or ice on serperior or tutor moves, I'd say Leech Seed or even Giga Drain are better candidates for the final move slot, as some kind of recovery option.
  4. Slife

If you are going with an all-out attacking set, max speed is necessary. 70 isn't great speed, especially for the higher tiers, but you still see base 70's running max speed like Breloom, Bisharp, and Metagross because they need to be able to hit hard as fast as possible. If you are playing VGC...
  5. Slife

Samurott has a pretty shallow offensive movepool, especially on the special side. It isn't very fortunate with the HA it got either. But since it's going to be special anyway and thus can't run Swords Dance + Aqua Jet, you should just go with a simple 4 Def/252 SpA/ 252 Spe spread. Item I'd...
  6. Slife

Silvally is so versatile that there's tons of movesets it can use! As a general suggestion, I'd stick with an offensive set with a speed-boosting nature. Personally I think a special or mixed set would be more useful, but here's a potential physical set: This pair looks really fun to use! Some...
  7. Slife

First a quick note: Volt-Turn is all about maintaining offensive pressure, so you need to make sure that every time you switch in a Pokemon it can either 1) dish out substantial damage (usually a choiced or life orb user) 2) u-turn/volt-switch out (a u-turn/volt switch user obviously) 3) set up...
  8. Slife

Ah yes, my mistake. Confused it with mega evolution haha.
  9. Slife

Yeah but you can still use Protean to help net the KO to get Battle Bond ;)
  10. Slife

You definitely want a speed-boosting Nature. I'd recommend Naive or Hasty so you can use a mixed set, but Timid works too. If you go with a special set IVs are 31/x/31/31/31/31 and for a mixed set ideally you want 6IVs but that's hard to breed so I usually settle for 31/31/31/31/x/31 (for Naive)...
  11. Slife

Yes, Bold is the ideal nature for a defensive Celebi. The EV spread and moveset will depend on how you want Celebi to function on your team. 252 HP EVs is a must for any support set, and you can add as many Speed EVs as you think you will need to outspeed certain threats, then dump the rest of...
  12. Slife

Additionally, the damage the Pokemon behind the Substitute receives does not count towards the damage accumulated by the Substitute itself. So it's not guaranteed that a non-sound based move will knock out the Substitute if only sound-based moves have been used against it. Here's a list of...
  13. Slife

Sound-based moves go through a Substitute.
  14. Slife

I've always wondered this as well, and although I could never find a definite answer, it seems to me to just be a glitch that assumes you are playing in the VGC '14 format (regardless of which "Metagame" option you select). So the program puts the red 'x' beside the Pokemon which would be...
  15. Slife

It only counts as a loss for the other player unfortunately.
  16. Slife

Only for the player who causes the disconnection.
  17. Slife

Their hidden abilities
  18. Slife

1) No, the male can only pass down its HA when bred with a Ditto. 2) Unburden can be used with a Focus Sash to ensure a baton pass to something else before it gets knocked out; whereas with Aftermath Drifblim can at least get some damage off in case the BP + Minimize strategy fails. Ultimately...
  19. Slife

Once you finish the tournament, you go back onto the Battle Spot onto Online Competition to check the status of the competition (it should say the competition has ended), and that should automatically unlock your Battle Box.
Back
Top Bottom