Search results for query: *

1. Starchie's Here!

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Well I think that post was just a bit silly, but I think what I was trying to say is when we fans talk about stuff like tradition, and geneartions, and what's evolution and what's a form , or what's to dark or what they've done or haven't done with the series, some day it could all change. It...
  2. Starchie's Here!

Gee, I don't know why, but since we've been waiting so long for some idea of gen 8 to appear, it got me thinking about the future of pokemon altogether. In 20 years or so, we're almost up to an eighth generation, and over 800 pokemon. So, I guess game franchises have been going on for several...
  3. Starchie's Here!

L Likewise! It's been almost a year, but why did they bother even mentioning it? "A pokemon game is currently in development for the switch"? That's almost a given considering the series is so important to Nintendo's continued success, so why bother even saying it, as if they were to begin...
  4. Starchie's Here!

Maybe I'm mistaken, but Oni's are not very similar to the western idea of devils, much less THE devil. Different cultures and religious beliefs need to be respected in different ways, and if something like Gorechu comes out of japan, than what's the problem? Oni's have fangs and horns, and...
  5. Starchie's Here!

Well, I've thought about that, and the way I see it, an open world experience could be done, if only to improve the kinda linear stuff we have to play wth pokemon usually. So, I see a region with 8 gyms, and a league, and an evil team like usual, but with expanded routes like an open world game...
  6. Starchie's Here!

So apparently dragon quest 11 started in development in 2013 as well. That might be a better frame of reference for pokemon since their both rpgs? And traditional ones at that. So by early 2016, "the story was finalized and the intro section was playable" according to what I just read. That...
  7. Starchie's Here!

Ah, thanks. So around 4-5 years for Zelda and around 3 years for Mario? How would that stack up to Pokémon Switch's possible development time? Could it have started as early as 2013 or 2014? Not that 2 different development teams making 2 different styles of games will create a similar quality...
  8. Starchie's Here!

Interesting thing about pokemon is that it's always been a handheld series though, eh? So we might not really know what game freak has planned for its first console entry. Besides that Lapras phto which could very well be fake, I don't think we have any point of reference to be honest. Mario and...
  9. Starchie's Here!

What's lead you to that conclusion? Do you think it'll be gen 8 or something different?
  10. Starchie's Here!

Talk about a wise guy! Though maybe we'l get that southern kalos or spanish region one day.
  11. Starchie's Here!

Okay folks, though we don't really know anything about the games yet besides rumors and possible leaks, but based on these rumors alone what lone game concept does everyone believe is the most likely outcome and why? Gen 8 regular, gen 8 kanto hybrid, gen 1 remake mark II, gen 4 remake, or...
  12. Starchie's Here!

Yup, going back to my post a page or 2 ago, I think this Kanto revist is just as likely as gen 8. For that matter, could be a gen 1 remake, or reimagining of Kanto and yes it might bother some to have new locations or pokemon added, it's still possible at this point. What fans do or don't want...
  13. Starchie's Here!

So if it's generation 8 in a new region, itll have a new group of pokemon, though no telling how big or how small. As others have pointed out, no new group has ever been under 100 counting megas, ultra beasts or regional variants. Anyway though, if it's a reimagining of kanto, I still see them...
  14. Starchie's Here!

Things seem surprisingly calm right now. It gives us a chance to think about all the stuff we've read and seen since like February or whatever. So much possible or fake info for a game that hasn't even been revealed yet! I don't think I've ever seen anything like it, is it because itll be the...
  15. Starchie's Here!

I think Bigbadbutterfree's idea about slightly unique pokemon sounds pretty cool, but I agree with you too in that it would be hard to show that off in merchandise and advertisements. Personally though I always liked the slight uniformity of each pokemon, it's always reminded me of rpgs which I...
  16. Starchie's Here!

I agree! I really liked dragon quest 8's graphics, probably more than 11s honestly. Sorry it took so long to respond also, I was banned for a misunderstanding about my friend and I using the same computer to post stuff. I didn't know that was against the rules! I'm glad to be back though.
  17. Starchie's Here!

I think I heard is was some kind of flail, as in the studs on it's body. Honestly, I was never aware of the weapon connection until this year. I've heard of the prehistoric grass connection, though I think the fire zodiac bit is a lot easier to argue for than the other 2. Could be why we here...
  18. Starchie's Here!

A mega for Rapidash would really make sense as a pegasis! Theres a buch of cool horse creatures out there, so maybe they coud get a sort of eevee line sometime? A flying pegasis, a fairy unicorn, a ghostly nucklavee, a water kelpie, a psychic orobas, a firey underworld horse? It could work, maybe.
  19. Starchie's Here!

I've thought about Rapidash myself. I was thinking the zodiac fire horse, if it's a thing, would be more like Orobas or some other standing horse myth cuz the fire starters always seem to stand up. It could also be based on a centaur, or pegasus, or some other horse related thing, like a knight...
  20. Starchie's Here!

It's always been a touchy subject, but I really like the zodiac thing. It makes sense that the first 2 games were meant to be pretty much it, so Charizard and Typhlosion definitely weren't in mind for the zodiac. Gen 3 to 5, though was all zodiac, 2 out of 3 having a chinese basis with the...
Back
Top Bottom