Search results for query: *

1. S

The Official Travelog + Let's Play Thread

Are you thinking about Rock Tunnel? I mean Diglett's Tunnel (or is it Cave?) that connects Vermillion with Pewter. Anyway, I actually like what they did with the infamous Vermillion Gym puzzle. The solution feels admittedly very easy, but it's definitely a step up from what you had to do in...
  2. S

Let's see ... I'm currently in Vermillion City training up for Lt.Surge's gym. I actually am having some fun here, at least when I'm not concerned about overleveling my team (which happens basically all the time). Seriously, all the local trainers are "only" Lv.18 or so -- but then those Gym...
  3. S

Given I've more or less just started, initially I am concerned about the ability to just grind levels outside of battle -- though I admit it is alleviated by being able to shuffle up your party while out in the field. It is also balanced by the fact that only catching Pokemon gives you EXP...
  4. S

That's Ukelele Pichu, from Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs.
  5. S

Okay, so we caught the four Kartanas around Ula'ula island. It definitely took some strategy considering these are physical-attack oriented UBs with a +2 attack boost. Toss in one Intimidate Luxray, my trusty Featherdancing Oricorio, and my Talonflame for the burn and they weren't so hard...
  6. S

Welp, the Fire Totem just outright wrecked my team. Time to shuffle the roster and train up more.
  7. S

Well, our first Gladion battle did not disappoint. Team's still a little overleveled (only by 1 or 2 levels though). And then there was the Water trial.... And then back at Paniola Ranch... [/spoiler]
  8. S

So, in Hau'oli City those Team Skull nitwits don't waste much time showing up, but we sent them packing. North, upon arriving at that Pokemon Center we discovered that NPC willing to trade her Hawlucha. YES PLEASE. It also turns out I was maybe slightly overleveled for the Totem Pokemon...
  9. S

Reached Hau'oli City today. Got Poke Finder and a few of Ilima's captain stickers. Took pictures to level the Poke Finder up to Lv.3 and WAIT IS THAT A WILD FURFROU? Unfortunately, it took us too many tries to catch one because my little Pikipek was apparently out for blood and kept KO'ing...
  10. S

Oh, did I mention my rival Hau has a female Popplio? Is that scripted? Normally NPC trainers have the same gendered Pokemon as themselves. Also a bit lol at Hau saying he's been dreaming of having a [Popplio] for a while now. Kinda reminds me of BW2 where your rival's Pokemon (whom he...
  11. S

Okay, now that November's over, time to finally boot this thing up, eh? Oh, and we're playing this on a New 2DS. The speaker acoustics aren't as good, there's no automatic screen brightness (why not, it could still use the facecam for that), and I would still prefer the notification light to...
  12. S

We now have our HA Rufflet in a red-white-and-blue Lure Ball. It was still a grind, but at least we were able to put it to sleep this time for an almost guaranteed catch (which happened to also be critical, but oh well).
  13. S

Last night we caught a wild Rufflet with Hustle (hidden ability) in a Beast Ball. Wow, did that take forever.... Maybe we should try a Lure Ball next. Simply because it's red, white, and blue.
  14. S

In my Moon playthrough ... We beat Totem Raticate. Seriously, why did they have to use Raticate here; it should have been Yungoos and Gumshoos in both versions. But it didn't matter -- I only took three Pokemon in (Rowlet, Yungoos, and Meowth); no Fighting types, nobody that can learn any...
  15. S

If you want to be crazy, try catching normal Pokemon in Beast Balls. 0.1x ball power!
  16. S

Note to self: if you're going to challenge Mr. Morimoto on Akala Island to a battle, bring your FULL A-team, not just three of them. And make sure you're level matched. On a side note, Ball and Ability mix & match CONFIRMED; I just hatched a Beast Ball Shinx with Guts (one in each gender...
  17. S

I caught a Gumshoos in my Moon game and nicknamed him "Donnie". It's the most neutral Trump reference I can think of.... [Tuesday edit] Anyway, we failed at attempting to catch a Cyndaquil in a Beast Ball, but at least I reset so we didn't waste the Beast Balls. And we caught Nihilego in just...
  18. S

Actually you don't have to worry about that.
  19. S

Okay, time to climb the rest of Mount Lanakila. First up is... Then, after some level grinding, I think I'm ready for the finale. Team: - Yellow Oricorio - Primarina - Decidueye - Jolteon - Solgaleo - Incineroar Elite Four Go! Now, I think I know what will happen next....
  20. S

Started up Moon. Took at least ten minutes to come up with a good name for my secondary player character. The starter, on the other hand, was no contest: Quill the Rowlet. We ignored the first wild Pikipek we ran across and instead caught us a Yungoos, promptly naming him Donnie. Not quite...
Back
Top Bottom