Search results for query: *

1. Sunsette

Movies/TV Movie Box Office, Releases, and Discussion

I've heard surprisingly positive things about Sausage Party now that it's out. I'm mildly curious, but the shaky cam is probably still a dealbreaker.
  2. Sunsette

I honestly wasn't expecting Suicide Squad to be number one, given that I've heard like, nothing good about it from anyone I know who saw it. Disappointing because I was looking forward to it.
  3. Sunsette

From what I can tell, Nine Lives looks like The Shaggy Dog but with a dude turning into a cat instead of a dog. Probably not going to see it. Suicide Squad looks pretty good and now that it's coming out we can stop writing internet articles about Jared Leto being weird and I know a bunch of...
  4. Sunsette

I didn't end up going because I didn't feel well, but my mom and sister went to see Nerve and both really liked it.
  5. Sunsette

I'm super hype to see Lights Out, I really liked the short film it's based on. Pity nobody ever wants to go with me to see horror movies.
  6. Sunsette

Looks interesting. Not sure about some of the special effects, but they're not terrible. I feel like there was something with a similar premise a few years ago, maybe an anime?
  7. Sunsette

I think I've heard a bit about it, but I haven't seen any trailers yet. What's the premise?
  8. Sunsette

If you're protesting the content of age-inappropriate things that you let your kids watch though, I'd say the fault doesn't lie with the people who produced those things. Parents need to be responsible with what they expose their children to, and it's on them if that doesn't happen.
  9. Sunsette

Went and saw The Secret Life of Pets with my mom and sisters today. Very cute, very funny, and the score was surprisingly excellent for a lighthearted animated film. I have yet to see Finding Dory, but it's still in theaters here, as is The Purge, so hopefully I'll be making a few more trips to...
  10. Sunsette

I'd hope that parents would at least see the trailers or reviews and realize that it's not meant for children. Did you go and see it then?
  11. Sunsette

I want Ghostbusters to be good just because of the ridiculous amount of hate it's gotten for no good reason, but idk. I'm not a huge fan of the original either, but if I hear good things and people I know want to go, I'd probably go see it. The Infiltrator could be good, but I recently had an...
  12. Sunsette

Basically exactly what it sounds like, it's a camera technique where the camera is held unsteadily to create a disorienting or confusing scene. It's used a lot in found footage films, since many of those are ostensibly made with handheld cameras, but it pops up in other kinds of films too. It...
  13. Sunsette

At this point, they don't have much to do with the Amityville case itself besides names. It's basically brand recognition for haunted house movies, and given how a lot of the movies haven't been great, they could probably do better without the brand.
  14. Sunsette

I don't know if I can watch the new Amityville without seeing Bella Thorne as her character from that Disney show she was on. The pitfalls of being a child star.
  15. Sunsette

I felt both the previous Purge movies were sort of a letdown, the first one felt like it really didn't capitalize on its premise like it should have, and I didn't really care for the main characters in the second. If I hear good things about Election Year though, I might give it a chance.
  16. Sunsette

So is The Purge: Election year good? I see it's doing pretty well at the box office.
  17. Sunsette

Well if you like comedies in that vein, there's a good chance you'll like Sausage Party too. I hope you do enjoy it if you go to see it, at least. Doubt I will, since I'm not a huge comedy fan in the first place and as I said, shaky cam does nothing good for me.
  18. Sunsette

By all means, don't let our grumbling stop you. It'll appeal to some people and not to others, like everything else. There's always the chance that it might actually turn out to be quite good.
  19. Sunsette

Sausage Party looks like every bad comedy that relies on vulgar humor combined with shaky cam just as an extra middle finger to people who get headaches easily (ie me).
Back
Top Bottom