Search results for query: *

1. SushiPushi

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

LGPE just look so freaking good. You can tell Game Freak put a lot of effort in developing them, so I'll gladly purchase LGE when it comes out. Any saltiness about these games being remakes instead of a new generation got thrown out the window just looking at those graphics ;).
  2. SushiPushi

I'm going to try to explain myself one more time. I understand that Game Freak does not break convention willy-nilly, and it's not done inorganically, but they do do it every generation (since at least Gen IV) in a tasteful manner. The reason why I picked the physical/special split for Gen IV...
  3. SushiPushi

From this I'm assuming the point of my question was lost. What I meant to say was that there's always been at least one big, unprecedented, unexpected curveball that Game Freak has thrown with each generation that breaks an established convention. It goes beyond features, but there is an...
  4. SushiPushi

Game Freak is always trying to surprise people, with the surprise coming in various forms. After Black & White they developed Black 2 & White 2, there was no "Z" version, Megas were introduced in ΩR and αS, Sun & Moon had no gyms, US & UM introduced new Pokemon mid-generation. You get the point...
  5. SushiPushi

There's a Pokemon from a fangame made years ago called Poiple, so I don't think Game Freak minds using already-existent names or concepts as long as they think of them themselves.
  6. SushiPushi

Well, I personally find it kind of fun to return to a region with immensely better graphics than when it was first introduced. I would only mind if I considered a certain generation as "bad," but I don't dislike any. (White was a pain, but having played Black 2 before means that I still find...
  7. SushiPushi

Also something I wanted to bring up. Manaphy was basically a $40 paywall (Pokemon Ranger), and no one was using such fact in negatively portraying Diamond and Pearl. Sure, the $40 provides you with some entertainment value, but the same could be said about the Poke Ball Plus at $50, which is...
  8. SushiPushi

Yeah, it's pretty confusing what message TPCI / Game Freak are trying to send announcing the games like they did. I think they meant for the double-main-series-games announcement to elicit a "yay we get Pokemon games for this year and next!" kind of reaction, but was corrupted (somewhat) into...
  9. SushiPushi

Can you elaborate for me?
  10. SushiPushi

Thanks for the input everyone! From what I've read it seems that the main reasons why people portray LGPE in a negative light (justifiably in a subjective manner) are... 1. Difficulty being clearly (as of now) decreased. 2. There being little new creative material (only 1 new Pokemon, old...
  11. SushiPushi

Great opinions... but could you please answer the question I posed? (Again, not trying to be rude, but it's what I really want data on :X3:.)
  12. SushiPushi

Sorry, but I just can't stand for people still being so in the mindset of LGPE being for "casuals" and not "real Pokemon fans." Sure, I understand that the games may appear childish, that Pokemon GO-like mechanics being in the game simplifies things in a potentially unnecessary manner, but it...
  13. SushiPushi

Well, the Treehouse presentation solidified the fact that I am buying LGE. It seems like such a clean-looking game with a lot of thought put into it that, honestly, anyone who decides to skip LGPE will be missing out.
  14. SushiPushi

Since this is a speculation thread, what do y'all think LGPE mean for the anime? I'm not creative enough to come up with a potential route the anime will go, so... thoughts?
  15. SushiPushi

I was actually going to acknowledge that in my next post; it's too early to tell just how much LGPE will shake-up traditional gameplay elements, like IVs and EVs. Thus, I do agree that it's not so simple, but LGPE and the traditional main series are not so different that they seem impossible to...
  16. SushiPushi

I don't think that Game Freak would flat-out discontinue the traditional main series in favor of the "Let's Go" series. However, I could see them merging the two, since all you really need to do is add Pokemon Go integration, it's catching style, and co-op to the traditional main series and BAM...
  17. SushiPushi

Well, I guess my question was more so if the catching method in LGPE will be a one-time thing, since that seems to be the most controversial aspect of the games. After all, I do like the interactivity and sense of realness it brings. Maybe it'll be something you can toggle in future games? Then...
  18. SushiPushi

It'll be interesting to see where Game Freak goes with developing future games. Seeing as though LGPE is/are destined to sell tremendously, will the games beyond 2019 be devleloped similarly? But then what if the 2019 games sell about as well from the new fans gained? I'm guessing that Gen IV...
  19. SushiPushi

Whenever people refer to a "hard reboot" they put it in the scope of the entire Pokemon franchise. You can get technical and say that remakes reboot their respective region and story, but they don't reboot the franchise, which is what I was referring to. Since this is all apparently subjective...
  20. SushiPushi

Quite simply, how? Remakes reuse much already-established content and are "their own thing" running alongside new generations. They serve as not only a way of profiting from nostalgia, but also keeping older generations relevant; they don't serve as hard reboots that scrap everything previously...
Back
Top Bottom