Search results for query: *

1. Tactician Karina

Rate the video game music above

8.5/10 I really like how it sounds like it could have come out of the original trilogy of movies, but still retain its own identity for this game. Also, the foreboding atmosphere this track gives off actually pays off very well given the location itself.
  2. Tactician Karina

6/10 Guilty Gear music is generally pretty good and they're usually pretty "safe" compared to other game OST's, but they also fall into sounding similar to other fighting game tracks (not a bad thing, as GG generally has my favorite music within the genre). Regardless, this track is slightly...
  3. Tactician Karina

5/10 I thought the game was just fine, but the soundtrack is hit or miss for me, unfortunately. I don't know, I just don't really like this specific track in general; it's not the worst, but I guess a few other tracks kind of spoiled me at the time and this one is just, meh to me.
  4. Tactician Karina

9.5/10 I've always been fond of most of Castlevania's OST's throughout the franchise, but SotN's OST really hits different for me (though I am biased since it is my top favorite in the series). Definitely the best track in regards to the atmosphere, and I love that it has that impression of...
  5. Tactician Karina

7/10 is it sad that I don't remember this track at all? Well, regardless, it's pretty catchy though not something I'd listen to for thirty minutes lol. Actually, it sounds like music from a late 90's anime OVA I remember my dad watching when I was younger, I forgot the name, but I know it...
  6. Tactician Karina

7/10 it's a bit all over the place, but not really in a bad way, as I'm assuming it's supposed to be like that. I think I like the trumpets the most in the track though, makes it more vibrant at times.
  7. Tactician Karina

10/10 Kirill Pokrovsky's music stands out in a very creative way compared to most other video game composers, arguably speaking. Even his "weaker" works still generally ranks pretty high in my list! Regardless, this track gives off the sense of adventure and fantasy very well; I would also...
  8. Tactician Karina

6/10 I liked it more than I thought I would tbh; the orchestral really brings out the intensity of the track and some parts sound a little bit like Dynasty Warriors music, which is a plus in my book. I knocked off a point though since I think it would be way better if it wasn't an extended...
  9. Tactician Karina

I and a few others have posted remixes, both official and fan made, early on since the thread first started; some of us even post tracks from fan made games, it's fine. For the track posted, 7/10. Not a fan of the alarm at the beginning, but the rest is pretty good; though not a boss theme I'd...
  10. Tactician Karina

6/10 little parts of the beginning almost sounded like a traditional Japanese version of Black Phoenix from WMMT6, so that adds a bit to the score. But overall, while still nice, it's pretty generic and doesn't sound much different from a standard fighting game track, at least imo. One of my...
  11. Tactician Karina

6.5/10 I actually liked Sonic Heroes well enough, even if the OST is usually hit or miss for me. This track isn't too bad, reminds me of when I was a kid and this came out, and the track does have that fun sort of tropical feel I remember; though it also was one I couldn't listen for too long...
  12. Tactician Karina

6.5/10 the piano is probably my favorite thing about this track, and it gives off sinister vibes in a few parts because of that. Otherwise, not much else to say except it sounds too much like a Touhou track in other parts, which sort of brings it down a bit in score for me; which I get it's...
  13. Tactician Karina

7/10 I get a slight Castlevania vibe from it (same with the character in the thumbnail, tbh), and I find that neat. The beat is also pretty catchy, though I can do without the vocalise; I do generally like them, but this one is mostly mediocre imo, and in some parts just sounds off.
  14. Tactician Karina

(np, and it does!) 8/10 I like that the vocals are more quiet compared to the actual music, and it's (at least to me) still understandable, so I'm not straining to hear it. I think my favorite part is the very end though, the piano that goes quiet as it finishes really tops it off imo.
  15. Tactician Karina

6/10 it's fine, though a bit underwhelming compared to what I was expecting tbh.
  16. Tactician Karina

6.5/10 the music, like the games, are unfortunately hit or miss for me. Out of all three installments, I think the first one's OST is a bit more memorable, imo. That being said, this is a beautiful track, though sounds a bit similar to a few other niche JRPG's and VN's I've played with similar...
  17. Tactician Karina

8/10 I've always liked this track the most since it reminds me so much of the Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune series' OST, especially more recent installments; this game's soundtrack is overall pretty good anyway. Too bad I didn't really like this installment of Streets of Rage though. Edit: I...
  18. Tactician Karina

To be fair, I meant by Nitroplus (and it's subsidiary, Nitro+Chiral) standards, since they are not exactly niche; it's usually overlooked or not mentioned, compared to other VN's by the same company. But yeah, compared to more mainstream VN's, it's not exactly going to be mentioned lol. Anyway...
  19. Tactician Karina

7.5/10 not really sure what to think of it specifically, but I really like the beat; kind of gives off a shmup vibe imo. Let's go with a lesser known Nitroplus VN, and one I finished the other day and really liked:
  20. Tactician Karina

7.5/10 it's pretty nice and upbeat, though doesn't really give off much of a culture festival feel (though I've only heard of this game in passing, so I don't have any context here). This is the ending theme to Togainu no Chi: True Blood version, titled "Winds of Remembrance"
Back
Top Bottom