Search results for query: *

1. TechSkylander1518

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

Is it really, though? 40 base damage is impressive at first, but it loses its usefulness over the course of the game, and doesn't really show off the Dragon type's advantages with unresisted stab, since it's basically just a stronger version of Sonic Boom. It's definitely one of the moves I...
  2. TechSkylander1518

Viability doesn't really seem to matter with move distribution, though- Growl's not a great move, either, but it gets spread all over the place.
  3. TechSkylander1518

It evolves into a Water-type, and beavers are pretty capable swimmers- not seeing the problem here?
  4. TechSkylander1518

Same issue as earlier- If it was really a problem, couldn't it just put out the fire? That's like saying a Pikachu should be able to learn Mud Sport to deal with the electricity running through it- the idea is that it has control over its powers. They definitely have a few dex entries...
  5. TechSkylander1518

It's also not really a big deal to have a discussion about why we think that is? It's not like we're hurling personal insults at each other or anything. (Although I agree with BackSet that nickdt's being too harsh with "weakest argument I have ever heard") We're just giving our reasons, or...
  6. TechSkylander1518

It can control fire- if it was really a problem, couldn't it just put out the fire? That's like saying a Pikachu should be able to learn Mud Sport to deal with the electricity running through it- the idea is that it has control over its powers. Dex entries even make a point of saying that it...
  7. TechSkylander1518

I mean, most creatures don't summon rain to cool themselves down, and it's not like Moltres was said to have created the Earth.
  8. TechSkylander1518

I love that you avoided saying the name so you wouldn't have to say that you really want an Umbreon with Baddy Bad.
  9. TechSkylander1518

To be fair, though, it can at least learn Bug Bite, and I feel like a bug bite vs being crunched by fangs is noticeably different.
  10. TechSkylander1518

There's not really that many that are strong against it? Fighting is super effective against it, Rock and Steel resist it, and Ghost is immune to it, although since Normal is also immune to Ghost I'd argue that leaves them equal. That's just two types that resist it and one type that's super...
  11. TechSkylander1518

Absolute units Really, a lot of those are bizarrely common. Fire Blast, Blizzard, and Thunder should be rarer commodities IMO, rather than slapped onto every third-stage Pokemon.
  12. TechSkylander1518

Also, usefulness isn't really a criteria for a Pokemon getting a move. Gyarados also gets Roar, Tackle, and Leer, and that's not exactly a competitive strategy there.
  13. TechSkylander1518

I mean, if we're talking as less recent as Gen 3, then that shouldn't have been a factor in movepools, because that's prior to the physical/special split.
  14. TechSkylander1518

Why... can Snorlax... learn Harden? To be fair, it's only in Gen 1, but I'm noticing it now because they decided to keep that for Pokemon Quest as well???
  15. TechSkylander1518

THAT'S THE DUMBEST SITUATION I'VE EVER HEARD OF DHAKLSA "Should the starters get Acrobatics?" "Yeah" "All the evolved forms right?" "Right" "And their prevos" "Sure" "Especially Rowlet right?" "NO I'm not letting a Flying type have that move"
  16. TechSkylander1518

Shout out to Veez for mentioning Assist and making me think of this. He mentioned on another thread that he associated Assist with cat Pokemon, and I was like "Well, yeah, isn't it exclusive to cat Pokemon?" Drowzee and Chimchar can learn it by breeding. That is not a cat, Game Freak.
  17. TechSkylander1518

Grass Whistle I get, but the Nuz in Nuzleaf seems more likely to be a corruption of nose, given its Japanese name. Plus, Nuzzle is a move that specifically mentions "nuzzling its electrified cheeks", and the Seedot line can't learn any Electric moves at all.
  18. TechSkylander1518

? The move that changes types depending on the memory held? That's pretty specific to Silvally. I could see it getting a sig move where it changes type based on the Sweet held, but I don't think it needs Silvally's move.
  19. TechSkylander1518

Power Whip: The user violently whirls its vines, tentacles, or the like to harshly lash the target. Deoxys, with its tentacles, can't learn it. Okay, but maybe they just don't want to spread out a powerful Grass move like that? Well, Gyarados, Palpitoad, and Grimmsnarl can all learn this...
  20. TechSkylander1518

Oh, I'm not sure I'm being clear enough- I don't mean switch places with anyone in your party like with Volt Switch, I mean switch the left and right Pokemon in a Double Battle- exactly like it is in Triple Battles, it's just that there's no center Pokemon anymore.
Back
Top Bottom