Search results for query: *

1. TechSkylander1518

What did you NOT like about Sun&Moon?

Shiny hunting's not everyone's cup of tea. It's essentially the same battle over and over, and given that they're not interested in the Battle Tree, it doesn't sound like something they'd enjoy.
  2. TechSkylander1518

At best, all any weak Pokemon could do with a Z-Move is take out one Pokemon, given the right stats. (and that would require them to move first against a stronger Pokemon, and without any items to boost speed, that's going to be quite a task) While they definitely shake up battle, they haven't...
  3. TechSkylander1518

Dry Skin doesn't exactly fit "nicely" with a crystal theme-crystals aren't really dry, and all our previous gem/crystal-themed Pokemon have usually been Rock types, and weak to Water. There doesn't have to be an existing ability that already fits it-as long as you're imagining it, why not make...
  4. TechSkylander1518

I think just a plain ol' Ice-type makes sense, with an ability that made it resist Water-type attacks. It wasn't massively weak to Fire, and giving a Pokemon Dry Skin usually doesn't do it much favors. (*sideyes Paras line*)
  5. TechSkylander1518

Oh, I see, sorry about that! Still getting lost here...Main duo+Necrozma+4 tapus+7 Ultra Beasts is only 14. Gengar's moon entry-It apparently wishes for a traveling companion. Since it was once human itself, it tries to create one by taking the lives of other humans. And we've had to rescue a...
  6. TechSkylander1518

I'm confused as to who you're correcting-nobody in this thread has said that there aren't 7 UBs. While certainly an excellent resource, Smogon isn't the final judge of how viable a Pokemon is. That list itself is still undergoing development. and has only been around for about two months. It's...
  7. TechSkylander1518

Perhaps I don't understand enough of competitive play, but why are they considered the most competitively viable? They've certainly got a lot of strengths offensively, but they also tend to have quite low defenses, and double weaknesses to common types offensively. They're obviously getting a...
  8. TechSkylander1518

That's the whole point of their designs, though-they're not supposed to feel like Pokemon at all. Ultra Beasts are a species of Pokemon that are not an evolution or alternate form of a previously existing one. Exactly what is the criteria for a "genuine new Pokemon"? And before Ultra Beasts...
  9. TechSkylander1518

The type chart has always been given to players. Multiple NPCs would be around to explain type matchups, including the gym guy who was there for most major challenges you'd face, and there were features in Gens 4 and 5 that let players check the effectiveness of moves. Gen 7 just makes it more...
  10. TechSkylander1518

They didn't "remove all strategy" from the game-there's far more to battling than just type matchups. Players haven't just been getting by on memory alone, either-there have been mechanics in Generations 3, 4, and 5 to tell players type effectiveness, and many NPCs explaining them to the player...
  11. TechSkylander1518

I think all out-of-battle moves were removed, actually. :(
  12. TechSkylander1518

Well, I kinda get where that's coming from, but saving someone from danger isn't a gender-based thing. Plus, a lot of games talk about how Pokemon like battling, and the Sinnoh games talked about how Pokemon willingly go after trainers-they're not in danger, they're just hoping to get stronger.
  13. TechSkylander1518

Why does their gender affect it? It is a new feature, but I don't think it's all that terrible-they're wild berries, essentially up for whoever can get them. (Ironically, the Battle Buffet kinda works the same way)
  14. TechSkylander1518

...Beast Balls won't help you any there. They have a 0.1x catch rate on regular Pokemon.
  15. TechSkylander1518

The anime and the games are going to differ a lot, and that can apply to plenty of characters and locations. (Misty and Brock got a lot of attention in the anime, and they didn't get anything extra even in Pokemon Yellow) Considering its plot was in the anime for the previous generation, I don't...
  16. TechSkylander1518

I see, what I consider casual is pretty different-I would consider a casual impact something that affected less players in general. The position that Red and Blue have (and even Cynthia, given her many appearances) definitely makes them stand out higher in the lore, but not every player is...
  17. TechSkylander1518

A large number of Pokemon being from Kanto isn't a "casual" thing, especially if they outnumber new Pokemon. And even when previous version had a large number of Kanto Pokemon, they still included a large number of Pokemon from other regions as well-There are very few Hoenn Pokemon, and even...
Back
Top Bottom