Search results for query: *

1. TechSkylander1518

American Politics Thread

Exactly how is this clarifying any further? You describe yourself relative to groups and talked about "American values" without defining what they are. That doesn't explain anything about your positions. This is a great clarification, because it clearly explains your reasoning for why you...
  2. TechSkylander1518

American Politics Thread

That's not really elaborating, just rephrasing your earlier statement.
  3. TechSkylander1518

American Politics Thread

And what about the lie that BLM activists are calling for blood at a moment's notice? Framing your political opponents as bloodthirsty mobs who don't bother with facts is its own form of ignoring the facts- rather than respond to actual people, you just talk about this caricature. A day after...
  4. TechSkylander1518

American Politics Thread

I'll set aside the time issues because that's more of a subjective debate right now, but do you really not think it's credible to expect an offer to give a direct verbal warning before firing? Do you really think four shots was necessary to get her to stop, and that one gunshot wound wouldn't be...
  5. TechSkylander1518

American Politics Thread

Seems to me like you might want to look at a bit more of the details. You can watch the body cam footage from start to end at the 6:40 mark. It is not even 15 seconds between the officer getting out of his car and firing his gun. The only kind of verbal instruction he gives is "Hey! Get...
  6. TechSkylander1518

American Politics Thread

...I'd ask what you're referring to with "race wars", but I get the feeling that you're referring to the BLM movement given that next sentence, and not really trying to engage with the topic. I've never understood this idea that divisive political issues are made to "divide and conquer" people...
  7. TechSkylander1518

American Politics Thread

Got a robocall from one of the groups pushing for this today. It's funny how they'll put up the "these confused kids are going to be experimented on with weird chemicals!" facade for a bit, and then drop it for "actually they just want to win sports so badly they'll risk hate crimes" at the drop...
  8. TechSkylander1518

American Politics Thread

Texas in a snowstorm: "So what if he went on vacation! C'mon, what did you expect him to do? Go out and melt the snow himself?" The Dr. Seuss estate stops publishing six books: "This is a great time to raise 125k by cashing in on it"
  9. TechSkylander1518

American Politics Thread

I mean, in this case, it is accurate to say that Democrats are opposed to legislation to discriminate against trans people. (At least, the more progressive ones) But the motivations and consequences of the bill aren't really similar when you compare them. For people against the bill, the issue...
  10. TechSkylander1518

American Politics Thread

While I do agree with this point, I don't think it's harmful for Antiyonder to make the comparison. I'm personally not the biggest fan of the "It can't be changed" argument for defending LGBT rights, because, while true, it feels like it bases the argument more around "You can't change it, so...
  11. TechSkylander1518

American Politics Thread

Skywaffles and Luxray already summed it up but I want to go into a little more detail just because of how wild it is. Hasbro did not change the name of the character Mr. Potato Head. They changed the brand name of this line of toys. I think there's some mention of it being a goal to be more...
  12. TechSkylander1518

American Politics Thread

My favorite part is the "trust the science" part on her shitty banner. Like, it was already an awful argument when there's actually science showing transitioning is better for trans people, but someone who believes in QAnon and a dozen other conspiracies is telling people to trust science? Just...
  13. TechSkylander1518

American Politics Thread

The "Trump won the election!1!" lie.
  14. TechSkylander1518

American Politics Thread

Hm, if it was a running gag over the next four years that Trump kept up with pathetic attempts to undo the election that were easily swatted down, would that help people recognize his self-centeredness/lack of planning, or would that just energize his base more? Also wouldn't he still have lost...
  15. TechSkylander1518

American Politics Thread

It's seriously despicable. If you've ever heard of Alex Jones, that creep made money off of promoting that conspiracy on his show. Some people that believe it went so far as to harass the parents of victims, because they think they're faking it. (It's so bad Wikipedia has to have a whole...
  16. TechSkylander1518

American Politics Thread

Oh, yay, I'm real glad to see that bit about discrimination against LGBT people! That asshole had undone some protections against it, and I was worried it would just fly under the radar!
  17. TechSkylander1518

American Politics Thread

I feel like there's a case to be made that economic factors can affect the prevalence of racism, though. Your psmag link says that So doesn't it follow that better access to education would help reduce racism in these populations? Obviously it's not going to fix it, especially with the...
  18. TechSkylander1518

American Politics Thread

I mean, I know stupid people exist, and I've yet to see anyone that just loves evil for evil's sake, so naturally I'm more inclined to believe that stupidity factors more into Trump's behavior than somehow being the only person who loves evil and just wants to maximize it. I'd argue that being...
  19. TechSkylander1518

American Politics Thread

192 Republicans in Congress: Fascism is cool, actually That's pretty unlikely, there's no recorded mental illness that works like that. And we can see that Trump does at least know societal norms about right and wrong- he regularly demonized immigrants as "rapists that love to kill people", and...
  20. TechSkylander1518

American Politics Thread

Oh, yay, he finally talks to press and says more about his fucking twitter ban than the terrorist attack. I know it's almost over, but come on, really? People look at this guy who whines about how "What big tech did was so bad for our country and there's gonna be a lot of anger and maybe even...
Back
Top Bottom