Search results for query: *

1. TechSkylander1518

SwSh What do you think of James Turner being the art director for Sword and Shield

He knew them before he was art director, too-why would it be different now?
  2. TechSkylander1518

SwSh What do you think of James Turner being the art director for Sword and Shield

Nah, that's the one I'm talking about, I just didn't specify the thread.
  3. TechSkylander1518

Knights in Europe do not name Pokemon games. And I sincerely doubt they name things based on languages they don't speak. Not interested, not going to read them to try and back up your theory that a Japanese company named a region based on the United Kingdom for a Polish word meaning "boat" as a...
  4. TechSkylander1518

And so they decided to name the entire region based on this fact, despite it having nothing to do with the games?
  5. TechSkylander1518

And where do you see one of those in the Galar region?
  6. TechSkylander1518

I was posting on the thread, not involved in the conversation. Yes, because we have not seen a ship anywhere on Galar.
  7. TechSkylander1518

Greek is used in the origins of a lot of words for other languages, though, while Polish isn't.
  8. TechSkylander1518

Oh, silly, naive us, believing that someone would prefer to follow policies to keep their job instead of stealing ideas and risking their career!
  9. TechSkylander1518

That doesn't make things any more legal to use. Via Quora, the question/answer site? I don't see how that would make it to Pokemon. But you were suggesting taking ideas from forums and social media, not idea submissions through contacting them. Why would they use Polish to name a region that...
  10. TechSkylander1518

Literally nobody was saying that. What we're saying is that Pokemon employees are looking to inspiration sources out of copyright, and they're not going to steal from fans. They are not going to lower the price because they stole an idea from somebody.
  11. TechSkylander1518

Those problems still exist for the individual. An individual employee choosing to copy someone's design but altering it enough to seem original is still getting the same workload and risking legal action. It's not at all reasonable for someone to do that, and recognizing that isn't being naive.
  12. TechSkylander1518

And now we go back to the original question-why bother risking legal action by taking part of someone's idea while still putting in the creative work? They still have to go to the trouble of creating a new design. They've added challenges to their workload, by having to create a distinct design...
  13. TechSkylander1518

So they'll avoid stealing someone's design....by making something different. Being part of the highest-grossing video game franchise means it's going to be made a lot and be seen a lot.
  14. TechSkylander1518

And, again, if they stole someone's Pokemon design, why wouldn't the creator sue them for it?
  15. TechSkylander1518

How does that relate to my post, like...at all? Why not prove it, then, instead of making vague references to it? So, you think it's more likely that Game Freak would need ideas for what to base a Pokemon on, but they could handle being totally original from there? Why would they go to the...
  16. TechSkylander1518

Obviously, but if you can prove an idea was taken, then it doesn't matter if Game Freak says "we didn't copy their idea!". That just proves that Game Freak stole a concept and lied about it, which makes them look even worse. If Game Freak was really looking on the internet to steal people's...
  17. TechSkylander1518

And how can you tell a "real fan" from a fan that would sue? Also, count me as a fake fan, then, because I could prove Game Freak was making money off an idea I posted for free, I'd be mad. Being a fan of something doesn't mean they can exploit you.
  18. TechSkylander1518

Imagine someone getting paid just to look at fan sites and take ideas without giving credit....I'd riot.
Back
Top Bottom