Search results for query: *

1. TechSkylander1518

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Oh, it's... just a change in the bottom. Which was previously just white... The eyes are cute, but I don't see why they just gave it a hole on top of its head instead of incorporating more of the decorations on the Poke Ball.
  2. TechSkylander1518

Since when have the four regions been one entity?
  3. TechSkylander1518

I don't know if it's really fair to say that the main problem with Mythicals is being disconnected from the region as a whole- while there are some mythicals that connect to existing lore in the region (Keldeo, Genesect, Darkrai, Arceus), I think a lot of them are still pretty stand-alone in...
  4. TechSkylander1518

Actually, it's sort of been shown before! In the August trailer, you can hear the player grunt as they throw a Poke Ball while riding Basculegion!
  5. TechSkylander1518

There’s never been a Pokemon in the main games that didn’t get a card, so I’d be shocked if there wasn’t a set for the Hisuian mons. Mai’s main partner is definitely Munchlax, not Wyrdeer.
  6. TechSkylander1518

Regional evolution is a term already, for some of the new evos in SwSh. I don’t think it’s really accurate to say that it’s not a split if there’s no way to evolve it in one game- you couldn’t evolve Eevee into Umbreon/Espeon in FRLG, but they were still part of the Eevee line.
  7. TechSkylander1518

You're taking it as a foregone conclusion that gyms originated from local traditions with strong Pokemon. I'm making the case that not all regions had a tradition following this format. But enough for a major cultural tradition to spring up? These protectors are doing a pretty terrible job at...
  8. TechSkylander1518

Again, why limit it to strong Pokemon appearing in every region? A location could be significant because of historical events, myths, or, following the idea of challenge, difficult terrain. Yeah, if they’re a certain type of person. That type of person might not be common enough in some places...
  9. TechSkylander1518

But again, if what we want is variation- which I agree is a good thing- why do we need to keep some elements static? Why does it have to be one notable Pokemon, and not something else like a location or person? Totem Pokemon and Nobles both have outside influences powering them up. There’s a...
  10. TechSkylander1518

I just think it’s not really interesting or logical to have nature just happen to follow the same formula over and over. And if we’re allowing for different executions, I don’t see what the point is in keeping the formula of “trainer looks after strong Pokemon, and trainers go around fighting...
  11. TechSkylander1518

My point was in the context of saying that a system like Alola’s trials wasn’t the norm for Hisui. I agree that there’s not going to be a lot of people using Basculegion- that was my whole point. I’m using that to say that the player’s journey is probably not as common, so it’s probably not...
  12. TechSkylander1518

But that can't be as common a tradition as giving out Z-Crystals. If there's only one Basculegion, they can't have a bunch of trainers earning the right to surf on it and fighting for who gets a turn. Even though "most regions have the same challenge, but one region has a unique one" isn't a...
  13. TechSkylander1518

But the Trial Captains' role is to look after the Totem Pokemon and give out Z-Crystals- how would that role develop in a region with neither of those? (And from an out-of-universe perspective, I'd personally find it disappointing if the adventure that was different and culturally unique turned...
  14. TechSkylander1518

I don't think anything in XY claimed Fairy-types were newly discovered? It was promoted as a new type in marketing, but in-game it was treated as if it was always there. HGSS already changed Jasmine's dialogue about Steel-types being discovered, and a major plot point in XY is a Fairy-type from...
  15. TechSkylander1518

To me, Cyrus’ plans have always seemed pretty selfishly motivated- it’s about his vision of a perfect world, and he talks about how he considers Team Galactic beneath him, as just useless pawns. Maybe a case could be made that Cyllen surpressing her emotions lead to Cryus’ disdain for them...
  16. TechSkylander1518

I feel pretty confident she won't be- the trailer makes a point of mentioning that "Deep down, she's your biggest supporter, and she watches your journey with care".
  17. TechSkylander1518

As opposed to its current type...?
  18. TechSkylander1518

I've heard that that's only true of the Western socials, though, not all the global ones.
  19. TechSkylander1518

Knocking 30$ off the price isn't going to help people get their jobs back or be able to afford rent. And I really don't see how gameplay that's clearly going to be different from standard Pokemon gameplay can be called a "cash grab", or how you can assess the costs and value of a game with one...
  20. TechSkylander1518

(migrating over to this thread lol) I don't think manually aiming is going to be a thing- in the trailer, there was no reticle or anything as the player aimed. I think it's just going to be a thing where you aim a Poke Ball, and the game makes it snap into place for throwing at the closest Pokemon.
Back
Top Bottom