Search results for query: *

1. T

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Discounting the Old Testament discounts the best book: Job. Only one worth reading, or with really anything profound to say about life. Well, I guess Revelations is good for laughs.
  2. T

Alright, it's fixed, earlier than expected, too. And now at least 400 words shorter!
  3. T

hahaha, so I forgot to space my chapter properly last night. as Beth Pavell pointed out, it looked horrible. It's fixed now. But the chapter's going to undergo some editing, so maybe hold off reading it until tomorrow?
  4. T

Have you taken a look at Rediamond's Lesson on Research? It's quite good, and has a few good resources. If you're really stuck on that situation, try to find a piece of fiction or nonfiction writing about it, and read it several times. When you find you don't have the experience to write what...
  5. T

Having just posted the first proper chapter of my story, it's 5,700 words, which, looking at it as a post, seems definitely like the upper limit of tolerable chapter length. My recommendation is definitely to split it as many times as needed. Plus, it means you have a backlog, and can post stuff...
  6. T

I keep really wanting to write the final chapters of my story. Except that would be so stupid, because things could change a lot by that point, in terms of my understanding the characters. Every time I'm starting a story, too, I get tempted to put a bit of the middle or end at the beginning. Or...
  7. T

It helps me that whenever I'm, say, walking, or mowing the lawn, or riding the bus, I just start idly thinking of where the story's going next, and things come together. It just takes a long ass time to articulate them. Like, I just finished writing the first major Pokemon battle of the story...
  8. T

40,000? holy shit. Well, thanks. I'll try to finish typing this chapter tomorrow. I guess that puts everything into perspective, haha.
  9. T

Ended up caught up in another project, non-fic related, for over a week, but now I've typed most of chapter 1 for Lamb to the Slaughter. But I have an issue. What's a sane, reasonable chapter length? My chapter is currently at 3,800 words, and will likely get to 6,000 if I don't split it up.
  10. T

College is better than fruitlessly looking for a terrible minimum wage job for years. I have learned this the hard way. anyway, I've been writing an awful lot the last few days, but none of it is what I intended to write. Holy shit do I get easily distracted. A bio for a supporting character...
  11. T

Today is a momentous day. I have at last posted fiction written by me on the internet for total strangers to enjoy. LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL. please be kind.
  12. T

toot-toot. I'm so excited. I've got 90% of my first chapter written. But it's really mostly conversations and the main character's inner monologue, so I need an exciting prologue to hook readers. Hopefully I can keep this amazing writing pace up.
  13. T

Whoa, I haven't been on Bulbagarden in forever. The writers community seems much improved, just from browsing some threads and seeing a lot more thought put into the craft. I remember when it was a ghost town, and Serebii had the big writer's community. so, uh, a bit of a role reversal here. I...
  14. T

'Sup people. I've been around here for a long time, off and on, though I changed my name a few years back to reflect one of my favorite movies (The Big Lebowski). So. I may finally be writing a fanfiction, after years and years considering it. I want to be a writer, and writing fanfiction here...
Back
Top Bottom