Search results for query: *

1. T

Generation VII confirmed!

The day Pokemon fans stop being pedantic is the day the franchise ends
  2. T

I might, considering Breath of the Wild is on there as well and Game Freak is dropping support for the Wii U. But if the question is whether Stars will get me to buy a Switch? Not on its own. And I definitely won't be contributing to Stars' early sales. I'm not really sure why that's still a...
  3. T

Megas were polarizing but it doesn't mean they weren't welcomed in the competitive scene. Now of course, if Game Freak got rid of Megas for balance, its weird that they kept both Mega Kangaskhan (albeit nerf'd) and Mega Lucario.... Didn't Sun and Moon just go by the Japanese word for Rainbow...
  4. T

Pokemon X and Y were released on the 3DS two years after the console's release...so I don't see how it was a constant push. Gen V being released on the 3DS would have been a push. Game Freak just didn't have a cohesive story in XY compared to DPPt and BW/B2W2-era games. And honestly, people...
  5. T

Game Freak's obviously pushing aside what one considers "in-game" content for online content. Limitations on the users aside, Game Freak's made competitive battling extremely accessible this generation, even for people who don't have time for EV training thanks to Pokepelago.
  6. T

Gold and Silver didn't have an obvious third version legendary and went with Suicune. Giratina wasn't even the landslide winner in terms of fan predictions when people were speculating about Platinum. There's the Island Guardians, and Tapu Koko taking a particular liking to the main character...
  7. T

Game characters are always introduced in the anime...it's not anything new. As for anime characters in the games? They've been having trainers cameo since Gen IV. Butler and Diane from M06, and Rebecca from M07 had a cameo (that was missed by the localization team) in Gen IV. There was also...
  8. T

That's what people said for X and Y...
  9. T

That's kind of a non-statement.
  10. T

People wouldn't even agree that Gen IV's mascot would be Giratina (and thought it would be Cresselia, Mesprit, or for some odd reason, Heatran) because Crystal had Suicine. Fans aren't great at forecasting new games. Some fans clearly do it better than others, but the vast majority of people...
  11. T

"haven't aged well" I'm not entirely sure what that even refers to since Rotation was just as good in XY as it was in BW...and Doubles wouldn't have had a competitive fandom had Game Freak not continued, for years to promote it as the defacto format of VGC. I think an additional reason for...
  12. T

Seeing three Pokemon at once on the field, playing mind games because you're not sure if they'll rotate or not. You literally said "its not a matter of experience" hence you didn't actually try any of these battle formats you're criticizing. There's no point in engaging in what competitive...
  13. T

I mean Rotation
  14. T

A lot of times you talk about battling, it always sounds like you don't actually battle. If I recall, you've confirmed that you don't so... A lot of existing moves aren't "pretty forced" in those formats. They flowed naturally from the other pre-existing formats. Reflect, Light Screen, Tail...
  15. T

That assumes they'll even flesh it out. Game Freak put so much effort into maintaining Double Battle as a standard format--they've had two generations with Rotation and Triple, and not once did they try to develop it as a format by having it be a standard battle style in VGC for a year nor did...
  16. T

There were also numerous hints to moving to another region to the point that @Silktree called it out right from the beginning, and even called out a new generation earlier than anyone else. And the claim "they never leave so many hints"--Game Freak were literally not planning on making sequels...
  17. T

Well we should ask them why they skipped Pokemon Chaos Emerald version for the GBA, since DPPt clearly had elements of Gen III with Regigigas. They had one of the Guardian Deities as the Strange Souvenir long before they revealed Zygarde Complete. For all we know, there were never any firm...
  18. T

They both use three Pokemon, but Triple is basically "Double + 1" while Rotations is "Single, but you see most of my team and free switches"
  19. T

They removed Wonder Launcher after one generation. It's just annoying that Game Freak doesn't put any effort in promoting alternate battle styles, and then they're surprised they are underused. If they had Triple and Rotation formats in the VGC, or in some years actually rotated between these...
  20. T

I mean that's the obvious conclusion
Back
Top Bottom