Search results for query: *

1. TheElderKing

SwSh Starters Discussion

My opinion after the allegedly final evolutions remained the same: Scorbunny->Grookey->Sobble; although Grookey gained some grounds, and given the possible others Fire Pokèmon shown, if it wasn't mono Grass I migh've seriously considered a switch.
  2. TheElderKing

SwSh Starters Discussion

They might now show themselves the evo, but info on the first 90 minutes of the game are supposed to come out tomorrow/coming days, and it seems they’d have evolved the starters in the hands on. Unless GF places a longer NDA on the evo, we should have info soon.
  3. TheElderKing

SwSh Starters Discussion

I’ll repeat what I said in the other thread, that given the informations supposedly coming tomorrow, it’d be weird to not see them beforehand, since there’ll be articles talking about them, it seems.
  4. TheElderKing

SwSh Starters Discussion

I don't think I really made a big deal about it. I just stated that I don't trust GF in making the fire starter not anthropomorphic, and that I'd have preferred to see a different take on Incineroar's design. I didn't even criticize the latter, actually.
  5. TheElderKing

SwSh Starters Discussion

Of course, a design can be good or bad reagless of the number of legs a Pokèmon would stand on. And as I said, I do like Incineroar's design. I just want in general a quadruped fire starter because everyone so far was on two legs, and it can give some different vibe, as well as being less...
  6. TheElderKing

SwSh Starters Discussion

The same goes for Fennekin's line to me, yeah. Litten's was worse because the second stage remained quadruped.
  7. TheElderKing

SwSh Starters Discussion

As with everything related to Pokèmon design, it's a subjective manner. As I said, I don't mind Incineroar's design. But I wanted a quadruped fire starter's final stage for a long time, and felines in general are among my favourite animals, so I was looking foward to a quadruped tiger.
  8. TheElderKing

SwSh Starters Discussion

I don't even mind Incineroar much, in itself, but the problem is that he's the last evo of a line that appeared to be quite great, and diverse then the usual fire starters. I guess Solgaleo's presence might've influenced the decison.
  9. TheElderKing

SwSh Starters Discussion

That's my hope expecially for Scorbunny, given the 'unexpected' teasing in the interview. But after having in gen 7 the perfect opportunity, once more, for a quadruped fire starts, I'll remain skeptical. (Not that Scorbunny had to be quadruped, but just by design alone it looks more fit to have...
  10. TheElderKing

SwSh Starters Discussion

Pick who?
  11. TheElderKing

SwSh Starters Discussion

On the topic of fire starters, I find curious that since Gen 3, and for overall 5 of the 6 dual type final stages, the not only chose to go three times with fighting, but the other two times for types that with the former form the most complete elemental triangle in Pokémon other then the...
  12. TheElderKing

SwSh Starters Discussion

I’d say it’s neither good or bad, to be honest.
  13. TheElderKing

SwSh Starters Discussion

Charizard is likely to get a Gigantamax form, unfortunately. Given that even in Leon’s official work he’s portrayed together with Charizard, there’s no way it’ll be his ace without a Gigantamax form.
  14. TheElderKing

SwSh Starters Discussion

I honestly doubt that. If they get a Gigantamax form, it’ll be an additional one from the three stages.
  15. TheElderKing

SwSh Starters Discussion

Given the possible stats distribution in the demo, I would still pick Scorbunny, unless it’s final stage design really, really suck. Also, your statement is really exaggerated if you’re talking about either casual or general fans of the brand/games. I can see more dedicated and ‘core’ players...
  16. TheElderKing

SwSh Starters Discussion

If you refer to the bunny that came along with the grass monkey and water platypus, I don’t think the first bunny starter’s artist is the same as the robotic bunny we’re discussing. The latter’s Artist claimed only the final stage as his.
  17. TheElderKing

SwSh Starters Discussion

Agreed. Design wise, while my favorite starter is Charmander/Charizard, my ranking in terms of trio’s final stage goes like this: 4>1>7>3>2>5, despite Incineroar turning out the way he did.
  18. TheElderKing

SwSh Starters Discussion

I don’t think they’re going for Dragon as a second typing for starter evolutions, without having some counterbalance as Fairy or Steel for the other starters.
  19. TheElderKing

SwSh Starters Discussion

Anime wise, you’re right, but in the games Pikachu isn’t that strong. Same goes for team working as a team. That’s just an anime thing, and even then, Ash doesn’t get all the starters. Scorbunny might very well be one that doesn’t join his team. I do personally think Fire/Steel might be more...
  20. TheElderKing

SwSh Starters Discussion

Let’s hafe Scorbunny’s final stage be Fire/Steel with Levitate as its hidden ability.:lapras: Kidding aside, I do think Fire/Steel is a possible combo.
Back
Top Bottom