Search results for query: *

1. TouyaShiro

Rate the video game music above

I feel like it's trying to be a bit Castlevania-ish for some reason, or at the very least a lot more militaristic than how we typically hear a Bowser theme. Perhaps that was intentional to set it apart from its official counterparts... 7/10. Now, if you're wondering what the heck's been...
  2. TouyaShiro

Bringing a touch of Mario Kart 8 into the main series with this one! I love it. Mario music has officially entered a new era. 9/10 I'm actually kinda triggered by this because it feels like a complete misunderstanding of musical genres to me, lmao. I assume you thought of the "gangsta" part due...
  3. TouyaShiro

I like its atmosphere. 8/10. Hi, forums! Been a while, huh? I'm gonna reintroduce myself with this. One of the many themes for the final bosses of the Darius series, I've come to enjoy this song as I listen to it and the other songs in this franchise, moreso than I initially did when listening...
  4. TouyaShiro

Yo the vocals. 9/10. Let's try this. Anyone who sees the (really obscure) stealth pun will be on my list as one who I approve of with their appreciation for old arcade games. Timestamp: 7:02-10:02 Defeat [Scene B] / Katsuhiro "Funky K.H" Hayashi GALAXY FORCE II & THUNDER BLADE ORIGINAL SOUND...
  5. TouyaShiro

It kinda sounds more like a final level theme than it is a final boss, haha. 7/10 Someone was talking about mechanical noises above. b0i Lemme show you some real mechanical beats. B・T・DUTCH / OGR (Hisayoshi Ogura/小倉久佳) G-Darius
  6. TouyaShiro

It's very evocative of 90's attempts at cinematic MIDI music. 7/10 I feel like I'm cheating by putting Dodonpachi music in, but I'm kinda running out of options that aren't reposts or Taito music. So here we go! Grieving Womb (Stage5) / Manabu Namiki 胎慟 Stage5 / 並木学 dodonpachi DAI-OU-JOU /...
  7. TouyaShiro

Even if the game's almost 10 years old? lol. I remember playing this boss... It was difficult as heck. 8/10 Your best options are probably to try getting the smartphone version (one exists for all 3 RAY Series games, surprisingly enough) or RayStorm HD, the most recent release (and one that is...
  8. TouyaShiro

How unsettling. The reverse chords, the sudden cuts... I do like it when a song screws around with your senses. 8.5/10 August 5, 2219 OLD GAUL CITY EARTH AQUARIUM (AREA2) / TAMAYO (ZUNTATA) Raystorm Also in in Ray'z PREMIUM BOX -BEYOND- & Ray'z Music Chronology
  9. TouyaShiro

Niiiiice. 8/10 Let's go with another SHMUP, one that's a bit different from my usual picks. Pushing the limits of the Famicom, Summer Carnival '92 RECCA is famous for a lot of things - including originally being playable only at events (making the original Famicom cartridge extremely rare)...
  10. TouyaShiro

Not bad. I assume this would be more menu or cutscene music as opposed to action, as it sounds like something you'd hear during a briefing. 8/10. I'm getting hype for this game, so here you go. No title yet! All we know is that this theme corresponds to the opening sequence of Dragon Ball...
  11. TouyaShiro

How ridiculous can a jet become? 7/10. Not a fan of medley-type songs? As for me, I honestly couldn't say I expected a stupid dope mix of Mario music, but there you go, haha. (For reference, this was what I was gonna write but I got distracted to the point where you posted before I could...
  12. TouyaShiro

I think I can see why you said that. It's like something you'd hear out of a soap opera in the 90's, especially from East Asia. It just sounds so fitting for a scenario such as high school drama. :ROFLMAO: 8/10. I wrote in a blog a while back exploring my thoughts as I was listening to the...
  13. TouyaShiro

It's so adorable despite the game being relatively difficult. 9/10. Took me a while before I decided which one to share. Many, many of the songs I would have sent today were probably not gonna be the best choice - despite their infamy (since they were all themes relating to Hibachi, typically...
  14. TouyaShiro

That one Sonic flash game I used to play as a child... That's all this can remind me of, lmao. 8/10. Aside from the addition of stereo (and not being bound to the limitations of its software), that's actually how it sounds in the arcade board it was originally present on, the PolyGame Master...
  15. TouyaShiro

Come on, guys, are you gonna make me reply to all the Etrian Odyssey music? lmao. I hold this song at a solid 9/10. Also, I posted this exact song almost half a year ago. Today, I'm stepping back into the early years of the new millennium. Around 2002, the first true sequel to DoDonPachi...
  16. TouyaShiro

Seem very intro-like. Good for that purpose, at least. 7/10 Another Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu double dose for you today. This time, it's BLACK LABEL's Stage 3 theme, Flotage, composed by Noriyuki Kamikura! Bye for now.
  17. TouyaShiro

Makes it sound like a stage play. Given the typical battle scene in Paper Mario plays out like one, sure. We'll go with that. 7.5/10 I got a double dose for you today because the first song is too short. This time, it's from the original soundtrack to DO-DON-PACHI DAI-FUKKATSU BLACK LABEL! We...
  18. TouyaShiro

This theme is top. 9/10 from me! For those of you who know about the work of Jake Kaufman, otherwise known as "virt", you might know him primarily for his contributions to games done by WayForward, or indie game powerhouse Shovel Knight. Well, did you know he was once colleagues with the...
  19. TouyaShiro

You can never go wrong with Okami music. Solid 9/10. Let's go with some more Manabu Namiki today. You, the player, obey the orders of the "leader bee" without question. If you don't, you will be prosecutedt to the full extent of the jam. The Battle Was Just "To Continue that Future" (Stage5)...
  20. TouyaShiro

Always down for some Ys and Falcom's rockin' guitars. 8.5/10 Posting this one again, cause why not? I really love this song. Bonus, too, because I managed to find translated lyrics to the full version of this song! It's quite heartwarming, though a bit heartwrenching for me as well when I look...
Back
Top Bottom