Search results for query: *

1. TwinklingCupcake

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Not "ancient," but I LOVED the wind-up, steampunk-esque Poke Ball shown in the Celebi movie. I do agree that Poke Balls are a revolutionary bit of tech, but you could still probably make something work. And in Gold/Silver games, they do say that nut shells used to be used for Poke Balls. If...
  2. TwinklingCupcake

You know what drives me nuts? When people get mad at you and message you because of a fic not being updated. Completely failing to take into account that writers have LIVES, and fanfiction isn't a paid job, but rather a thing for fun.
  3. TwinklingCupcake

Oof, I wish I knew. Generally, I write for one as inspiration seizes me, but if you want to do several at once and not sure which one to start... I dunno, I'd suggest putting them in a randomizer and having that one pick for you. You could try working on one for a set time limit and switching to...
  4. TwinklingCupcake

True, it should have happened earlier, but at least it's happening at all. Better late than never, I guess. And...I dunno, I still see lots of kids enjoying Pokemon? heck, I saw three different little boys wearing Pikachu shirts at work today, and a girl with a Pokeball hat. Not to mention the...
  5. TwinklingCupcake

Well, hey, it's about time, right?
  6. TwinklingCupcake

Ugh, I've been plagiarized twice, and it sucked both times. The first time the person tried to say "It's not plagiarism, I'm just trying to make a story to rival yours and it has to be similar!" Then they tried to weasel out of it by saying "We never truly defined plagiarism though, so what is...
  7. TwinklingCupcake

Lately I've been cross-posting my works to both ffnet and AO3. Despite ffnet's problems and lackluster enforcement of the rules (plagiarists are allowed to roam free, which I hate), it was the first site I posted my work on, so it's kinda still got a special place in my heart.
  8. TwinklingCupcake

Writing question! Does anyone else sometimes skip around when they're writing a chapter's scenes? Like, say, I have Point A and Point C. A will somehow lead to C, but I don't know just yet what Point B is. So I write A and C before I forget either of them, and usually at some point while...
  9. TwinklingCupcake

I work in retail; first half of my shift I'm a cashier, and then after lunch I go to the floor to tidy up the aisles and help customers locate items. Sometimes it's very slow in the first half, so I get to take out scrap paper and doodle ideas for my story. Or I see a customer with interesting...
Back
Top Bottom