Search results for query: *

1. UselessBytes

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Not doing much myself. Heading to Colorado for a little bit to visit family and friends prior to the actual holiday, but pretty much just chilling at home for the most part. Definitely welcome, the end of this semester was particularly stressful so a low activity holiday is something I could use...
  2. UselessBytes

I love Pokken, for just about the same reasons. My only real gripe with the game is that they didn't go further with the more unorthadox choices, like chandelure and suicune and later aegislash. There are plenty of pokemon out there that would have loved the representation and are also not...
  3. UselessBytes

From what I can tell, spikes are gone, ears are different, legs are less "pants like" and the tail is more natural. Am I missing anything? Lucario was one of my old favorites so I'm a little embarrassed with myself if I'm missing something obvious As for my opinions on lucario, I'm not really a...
  4. UselessBytes

Hope all the Americans in the workshop had a good thanksgiving!
  5. UselessBytes

Yikes! Glad you found something you liked, I was in a similar situation a week or two ago.
  6. UselessBytes

Two weeks to Sword and Shield! Hoping to get two or so chapters posted before the 15th, because I sure won't write for a week at the least come then, haha. What's everyone plan on getting, if you're getting it at all? Gonna snag Sword myself.
  7. UselessBytes

Free my guy baton pass, he did nothing wrong
  8. UselessBytes

At the risk of annoying everyone with my constant Yu-Gi-Oh! talk, the anime is a fairly decent example. While fodder duels are still often repetitive and rather boring, they usually consist of the protagonist of the given series using their cards/effects in a new way to create an interesting new...
  9. UselessBytes

The problem there is that the "monster of the week" idea is repetitive by nature. The whole purpose of it is to spit out similar content to the previous outing because hey the kids liked the previous one so if this one is similar they'll like it too! The idea was designed to literally be...
  10. UselessBytes

God bless Dylan I can now write yugioh exactly how I want, and how I want is being obnoxiously detailed while also not completely destroy my reader's brains! So, on the off chance you don't want to read, say, the mile long effect text of Type/Card Type: DARK Dragon/Fusion/Pendulum/Effect Monster...
  11. UselessBytes

Definitely not. Heck, the concepts of light and dark themselves arent set in stone. Plenty of media turns it around. Hollow knight is a good example of both being pretty ambiguous, and there's too many examples of "actually light is bad" to count (and far too many of them are too edgy for their...
  12. UselessBytes

I like a lot of pokedex entries, but my favorite silly ones are all of espurr's, which imply that the cute lil catto is a hair trigger psychic nuke that will wipe out the town square at a moment's notice
  13. UselessBytes

haha, I live to please. It really is unfortunate, because the Pokedex is a great place to start when trying to flesh out pokemon as major characters, but the fanfiction community is so quick to ridicule you for using the pokedex and usually writes it off. I've seen it here even.
  14. UselessBytes

I think the fandom mocks the pokedex way too much. Yes, there's a ton of absurd ones, but out of 800+, there are way, way more that are either perfectly reasonable/mundane, or extremely interesting and equally plausible.
  15. UselessBytes

Was about to say, I'm an avid PMD fan (and mystery dungeon in general) and I have also never heard of Silver Resistance. Fanfiction just isn't marketable and isn't going to be widely known in any scope outside of extremely rare cases, and most times they're known because they're notoriously bad...
  16. UselessBytes

I definitely agree with that. Fanfiction doesn't really get famous outside of absurd cases, and even then it's still unknown for the most part (The Subspace Emmissary's World Conquest is a good example, as it was for a good chunk of time the longest piece of literature ever written and had a...
  17. UselessBytes

as UA has said, the decision on whether or not cancelling a story is the move is not something that other people can really comment meaningfully on. Whether or not it's a good idea is on you in this case.
  18. UselessBytes

I literally do not know how the forums work and I refuse to learn
  19. UselessBytes

they all seem somewhat cherry picked because they are all cherry picked. I can think of reverse examples off the top of my head with little effort. Grimer is gen 1 but looks like the supposed gen 7 style. Talonflame is gen 6 but looks like the supposed "realistic mon" style of 1. I could go on...
  20. UselessBytes

My boy Brendan was rocking athletic shorts over sweats in gen three and gen six actually removed it. The designs haven't changed nearly as much as everyone seems to think, and there's just as much ridiculousness in the first few generation designs as in the current gens. And in response to that...
Back
Top Bottom