Search results for query: *

1. V

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. Gengar is just one of those Pokes that makes every playthrough worth playing through. Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball make it an awesome Special threat, which in HG/SS is really all you need. Sudowoodo does get a few tricks that make it unique...
  2. V

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. ... Hahaha good catch. xD Typo fail on my part. However, Exploding Typglosion would be useless AWESOME!!:ksmile:
  3. V

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. ... Typhlosion is not completely outclassed by Infernape or Charizard. Nor Blaziken for that matter. Mild Typhlosion with 112 Speed EVs and a Choice Scarf can use Explosion all 5-8 times in a row and wreck an entire team. Can Infernape do that? No...
  4. V

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. I'm briefing through and saw someone say use Soul Dew in the Battle Frontier. Don't, it doesn't do anything in the Frontier, for whatever reason. If you want to beef out Latios on the defensive side, first off use Latias as it's bulkier, and secondly...
  5. V

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. Hate to double post, but all this Tower Talk has me begging to post the team that I'm having a ton of fun of using right now. With good prediction, it gets a +6Atk/Speed Latios behind a Sub with full health ready to kill anything and everything. The...
  6. V

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. Depends really. I know at 168 Speed, it outspeeds everything I hate, but mine is a Lead, and it also has Ice Beam. I would tell you to play Factory to get a good feel for what you should be afraid of because it either a) kicked your ass HARD or b)...
  7. V

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. I'm all about the Tower, so I'd be glad to help. Chenges in bold. Weather teams are awesome in online play, but in the Tower can be randomly shut down out of nowhere. Things like Tyranitar coming in and screwing up your set up get that free turn...
  8. V

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. I wouldn't do it with Garchomp, because without setting up, it's not nearly as powerful as many people think. I always make sure to use something with a Sash in the Hall, so I would try to rework the team completely. Something worth remembering...
  9. V

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. I need some quick help with a Rotom set for the Frontier in Platinum/HG/SS. Rotom (A) @Leftovers Levitate Calm Nature 252 HP/4 Sp.Atk/252 Sp.Def ~Will-o-Wisp ~Charge/Substitute ~Thunderbolt ~Shadow Ball/Overheat/Blizzard/Hydro Pump/Leaf Storm...
  10. V

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. Isn't everything except Latios, Mighteyena and Blaziken banned in the Frontier? And even if those are the three you're using, what moves are you planning on using?
  11. V

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. So, I'm playing Heart Gold, and I'm trying to just BS through the game as fast as possible so I can access the Battle Frontier. I had a thought that I'm sure we've all had. Is all that time spent on training a full team of 6 to levels close to the E4...
  12. V

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. I know Hyper Beam Slaking is always a favorite for... obvious reasons I guess hahaha. It always makes a great revenge killer. I've seen it paired with Milotic well, who would basically have an identical set to the one you'd see in competitive battles...
  13. V

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. So, I'm probably going to be trying my luck at the Battle Frontier again, and right now I'm aiming to make a team more suited for the Tower specifically. I've been browsing RMTs and what not throughout the forums, and have seen a good number of No Guard...
  14. V

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. Azumarill with Huge Power is awesome :C They really shine in play throughs (where they can power level if need be) and UU teams not expecting the little critter. xD
  15. V

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. Lies. Assuming this is Heart Gold/Soul Silver, and not the original games, Water Stones can be obtained in the Pokeathlon. I forget which day though. Staryu/Seel are obtained in the Route before the Safari Zone in Cianwood, after beating Chuck, so...
  16. V

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. Dude, how is that team going to Surf/Waterfall/Whirpool? o.o (Unless you HM Slave, which is cool). However, outside of hoping Steelix doesn't get OHKOd by Flamethrowers, this team won't handle Fire Types all too well. Personally, I'd ditch Togetic for...
  17. V

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. Basically true. The only misleading thing here is Typhlosion's Special Attack. While it is easily superior numerically, Typhlosion's physical move pool is much more diverse, and its Attack Stat isn't so bad. It's about average in my opinion...
  18. V

Re: Battle Tower team I've used that Electivire before. Let me tell you, it works much better with Life Orb surprisingly, and works great in sync with a good Dragon Dance Gyarados, who ALWAYS attracts Electric attacks, while being able to set up a Sweep before hand. Another SMALL, and very...
  19. V

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here.
  20. V

Re: TAKE NOTE: All in-game teams go here. Just because Typhlosion's Attack is its worst Stat, it doesn't make it BAD, per se. However, if it really is bad, don't even bother changing its moveset. Bar the Egg Move Extrasensory, most of Typhlosion's best moves are physical. As for Tauros...
Back
Top Bottom