Search results for query: *

1. WilliG

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

Interstellar - good solid 7/10 right up til the schmaltzy, floating in a parallel dimension 'library' talking to a Hal 9000 clone cause we've run out of ideas/budget/whatever, malarkey
  2. WilliG

Hounds of Love (2016) A couple who kidnap and terrorise a young woman in the suburbs of Perth, and was loosely based upon the crimes of David and Catherine Birnie. Came across this film on the Arrow Video website when buying Thief (1981) Pretty intense in places, uncomfortably so at times...
  3. WilliG

Nobody - Very much enjoyed this one. Bob Odenkirk was great, not what you'd expect from him. The soundtrack was also great. 9/10
  4. WilliG

I, Tonya is a good movie. Aside from the obvious reasons, Margot Robbie is one of my favourite actors.
  5. WilliG

Rewatched Lincoln for the first time in a few years. I forgot how many good actors are in it. 9/10
  6. WilliG

V for vendetta for the first time. Great piece of film making, Natalie Portman outstanding, what a film!
  7. WilliG

IT Chapter 2 I enjoyed it, perhaps not quite as good as chapter 1, I have no idea why it needed to be 2hr 45m long though.
  8. WilliG

Knives out - 7.5/10 Quite enjoyed it, not as funny as I thought it was going to be though, a sort of cross between Agatha Christie and Columbo. Rian Johnson clearly can direct a decent movie and there wasn't really any snipes at Star Wars fans as I think some were expecting. Ana De Armas is...
  9. WilliG

The Shape of Water. A stunning film in many ways, but especially in terms of cinematography and characterization. 9/10
  10. WilliG

Dr Sleep - I went in having not read any reviews and with rather low expectations. As a fan of the original, I was interested to see how the story was continued and built upon. Although not on a par with its predecessor, I thought it was a superb film and well worth a watch. 7/10.
  11. WilliG

Mission Impossible Fallout you know what you're going to get with these, pretty impressive that old Tom has been making these since 1996! Still it was exciting, silly and instantly forgettable. 4/5
  12. WilliG

Brightburn 8/10 Kept me interested all the way through, however with the way it ended It seemed like there should be some kind of ending that's missing.
  13. WilliG

Searching (2018) 8/10 Great mystery, thriller which most computer geeks with a few years under their belts will appreciate.
  14. WilliG

Robbery (1967) - 8.5/10 Just been re-issued on Blu-Ray and looks really good. Enjoyed it a lot. Great car chase sequence (director Peter Yates went on to direct Bullitt) and a great cast. A really good old-school British drama. I think this must have been a big influence on The Sweeney.
  15. WilliG

Becoming Bond - 8.5/10 Having never seen a Bond film I didn't think this would be of any interest to me but I thought it was well done documentary about George Lazenby.
Back
Top Bottom