Search results for query: *

1. Wispy Willow

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Say, you know how Magearna recently became available, right? Well, I when I was looking through its moveset on Bulbapedia, I noticed it gets Shift Gear, and thus I want to make a mixed set that takes advantage of this... only I don't really know what EVs to give it since I hardly ever use mided...
  2. Wispy Willow

Firstly, it's good to see another bloke getting into battling competitively, since the Battle Center needs more activity these days. Good on you, Boss. :D Secondly, as for the team itself... well, I can't really offer that much advice since I don't really do much competitive battling nowadays...
  3. Wispy Willow

Well, I haven't actually used one before, so I can't help you ont with the specifics, but since you mentioned Follow Me I assume this is for Doubles/VGC? Because if it is, then I'd recomend using Eviolite Clefairy instead, since Clefable does not get Friend Guard, which can help you mitigate the...
  4. Wispy Willow

I think that attacks that either hit the No Guard 'mon or atttacks said No Guard 'mon uses ignore evasion boosts, but to be sure I'll check Blubapedia's article on it. *Looks at the article* Well, it says that 'All moves used by or against a Pokémon with this Ability cannot miss', so I guess...
  5. Wispy Willow

Well, it does give you that BoltBeam coverage, which is probably why it is so common, but it isn't 100% necessary. Feel free to correct me on this, I haven't actually used a Thundurs ever.
  6. Wispy Willow

I'd say Leaf Guard because A. Meg is better at defence than it is at offence and B. you have some control over when it's active (assuming you are using it on a Sun team).
  7. Wispy Willow

I'm thinking of using a Mega Sableye on my Trick Room team, but I haven't used one before, so I'd like your thoughts on a good moveset/EV spread for it.
  8. Wispy Willow

I am trying to mix up my regular VGC Trick Room stratergy with a Sand Room team and I was thinking of using a Mega Steelix as what I like to call a Curse-Baller (i.e. a 'mon with the moves curse and Gyro Ball) to take advantage of its Sand Force Ability... Is that such a good idea or should I...
  9. Wispy Willow

Not unless there are two or more 'mons on the field that both have one, and even then it's a stretch.
  10. Wispy Willow

OK, I'll give that spread a go, thanks for the advice.
  11. Wispy Willow

While you're here, Glory, I was wondering what the best spread and moves'd be for an Adamant Slurpuff..? EDIT: Well, I guess not... Anyone else got any ideas?
  12. Wispy Willow

I would assume that, since the Rain activates when the Toed is sent in (i.e. before the turn begins), that Swift Swim would still pick up on it.
  13. Wispy Willow

Choice Scarf is a thing, just slap that on the Ditto to outspeed. Also, it's not OP because switching and walls are also things.
  14. Wispy Willow

Well, I have expressed an interest in the past towards using a Magic Bounce Espeon with Skill Swap and a Slacking on the same (VGC) team, but either way, you do NOT want to keep Truant. It sucks. EDIT: Greninja'd
  15. Wispy Willow

I can think of two Spinners that can set up Rocks off the top of my head; Armaldo and Donphan... As for wheather they would work well in that team, I don't really know.
  16. Wispy Willow

I wholehartedly agree with ^, but I'm still going to exparament with Moxie and see if I like it or not.
  17. Wispy Willow

Thanks for your imput guys... Thar's all I really have to say.
  18. Wispy Willow

*Ahem* Besides, Kang can't learn either of the nessisary moves to pass Parental Bond onto the King (and neither can the King, for that matter.)
  19. Wispy Willow

I'm thinking of using a Slaking+Skill swap/Entrainment combo in a VGC team, but I can't decide which ability go along with it. My main picks, however, are Moxie, Magic bounce and Protean... So, out of those three, which one do you think I should use?
Back
Top Bottom