Search results for query: *

1. WyndonCalling

Bulbagarden Staff AMA Thread

I'd say I was quite good from Gens V-VII, but the sheer power of Paldea and the outlandish range and variety of mechanics leaves me feeling bamboozled. There's just... so much to wrap your head around these days.
  2. WyndonCalling

As you can tell, many of the Staff here enjoy cute, beautiful or delicate Pokémon, and I'm no exception:
  3. WyndonCalling

Taking this as Western-style serialised shows and discounting the vast ocean of anime... it's The Simpsons. It was a fun cartoon when I was younger, but it's aged like the finest wine to the point where I think the best episodes can easily be counted among the best comedy scripts of all time, if...
  4. WyndonCalling

This isn't completely unheard of, especially for older Staff. Not only do people change as they age (if you joined this place when you were, say, 16, you'll be at a very different stage in life five years down the line when entering adult life proper) but the franchise has undergone...
  5. WyndonCalling

I think there's two main factors, the first being the success of Bulbapedia and the fact that millions of visitors are just a click away from stumbling across the great little community we have here. I'd wager that very few of those happenstance visitors will be fully cognisant of the history of...
  6. WyndonCalling

Zeus has a very fun turn in Record of Ragnarok. More broadly, I think it's fascinating how the Greeks conceptualised the most powerful of the gods as a man who was very willing to abuse his power, and not himself a source of moral authority.
  7. WyndonCalling

I'd abolish it if I could
  8. WyndonCalling

https://twitter.com/Bulbagarden/status/1514594917061910529
  9. WyndonCalling

I do love that Opal's schtick is just to not play fair. Not only does it lean more into that darker/mischievous Fairy theme, but it also reminds me of those nonsensical Agatha Christie endings, which I think Opal is meant to remind us of a little with her mystery plays.
  10. WyndonCalling

I concur on Humilau City. There are no genuinely difficult or intellectually engaging Gym puzzles, so I'll settle with the prettiest.
  11. WyndonCalling

I main Dedede. I don't claim to be particularly good but HRH is unorthodox enough to keep people on their toes, even if he is just a sentient hitbox. A Staff monotype tourney is certainly something I'd be up for. I'm ok at those.
  12. WyndonCalling

French. It's mostly very typical, standard European ingredients prepared with just a bit more finesse relative to English fare (though you'd struggle to get a sheet of paper between the two when it comes to certain dishes - one of the best French restaurant chains in the UK is famous for their...
  13. WyndonCalling

Primary school was fine, as was secondary school, but sixth form (the two years prior to university) was when I really began to enjoy education and became a bit more socially adept, and then university was a blast. My favourite subjects were history and politics.
  14. WyndonCalling

I've put on several kilos and managed to avoid swinging for my father (the closest I've come yet), so yes. Not at present, but I've had a range of fish, mice, hamsters and degus over the years. A lot. My day job involves a lot of political monitoring, which involves hovering around Twitter...
  15. WyndonCalling

I'm here for the vidya games, but Fun & Games is also fun and gamey. Spring is cool but bright. Erring on the smarter side. Money and waistline no object, I'd have a beef wellington every day - but my tastes are broad, and I'll scoff boudin noir and foie gras as readily as some bao buns and...
  16. WyndonCalling

Last time around it was a list of ten or so questions in the first post of a thread - from what I recall, you would apply by replying to that thread with your answers (which would be hidden from other users). The questions are generally around topics such as your personal temperament, handling...
  17. WyndonCalling

I'm frankly disappointed that none of you mentioned my dazzling humility.
  18. WyndonCalling

A question for my fellow mods: which of my many, many qualities is your favourite?
  19. WyndonCalling

I bought Pearl when the originals were released, so I'll be picking Shining Pearl up this time.
  20. WyndonCalling

Unquenchable thirst for power. It's going decently. Also, I wanted a lockdown hobby that would keep me engaged, and Pokémon's been holding my interest very well in recent years.
Back
Top Bottom