Search results for query: *

1. Y

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

shame that said episode featured another crappy, forgettable Jouto character, and the only major trade that did occur (Beroringer for Sonans) happened by complete accident. Hell, they couldn't even let Satoshi give up one of his (numerous, rarely-used, rarely bonded with, and very expendable)...
  2. Y

'cause why not? It's not like this show's had trouble showcasing alternate Pokemon forms before. Hell, I don't think Minomucchi's sand and trash cloaks ever made an appearance at all, and when Unknown finally got its first appearance since Jouto at some point in Diamond/Pearl, I failed to notice...
  3. Y

god, couldn't have said it better myself. Jouto was a horrible saga, but boy, did 4kids have a hell of a time making it even worse. it is a shame how this misconception had to linger around for so long, considering that "trading" was one of the main points of the games since the beginning (and...
  4. Y

well, they still changed Cilan's line to emphasize the evolution. Still, you're right that it's nowhere near as bad as 4kids's changes, and I too was under the impression that her Yorterrie had evolved. I'll have to watch the episode again, but I took Iris's complaint about "using a different...
  5. Y

I just gotta say that, the other month, I was translating the Kanto Digda episode, and checked out your comparison for reference. Reading your thoughts reminded me of how crappily I always thought the environmental message was pulled myself. I get that this franchise relies very heavily on its...
  6. Y

oh yeah, you're right. It was the ending that was excluded from the first Best Wishes episode, wasn't it?
  7. Y

you know, I kept forgetting to mention this since Dogasu did his comparison of the Diamond/Pearl finale, but I really like how the series ended with a non-standard credit roll for once. Personally, it bugs me when any series does a standard roll on its final episode. After all, when a whole...
  8. Y

yeah, I can definitely see where you're coming from about relying on subs done by others. One of the reasons I started seriously learning Japanese in the first place is so I wouldn't be required to use such a crutch. And while your comparisons mainly serve a novelty purpose at this point (albeit...
  9. Y

to add to this, subs of the episodes are now far more readily available than they were in the past. Even at the start of Diamond/Pearl, releases were kinda slow, which is quite a contrast from the subs being released today. In a sense, people barely even have a reason to read Dogasu's...
  10. Y

technically, J and her men would be the ones surviving. XD yeah, people need to keep in mind that seiyuu do not write the characters. Other anime series seem to feature similar BS interviews with their voice cast. "The Japanese? Those sandal-wearing goldfish tenders? Ha ha! Bosh! Flimshaw!"...
  11. Y

from the previous link. I find it amusing how you were hounding on Ready, Go! for its over-usage back then. More recently, in a "favorite song" thread or something, I'm sure I recall you listing it as one of your picks, even in spite of that over-usage. BTW, as I recall, Type: Wild also...
  12. Y

meh, I'd wait for the collected releases, personally.
  13. Y

and get this: the signs at GameStop promoting the legendary beast trio (which I'm guessing had at least some involvement from The Pokemon Company when they were designed) are actually using the term "shiny". BTW Dogasu, I know it's kinda late, but I fucking loved the thoughts you wrote up for...
  14. Y

XD I watched Yojimbo, as well as Sanjuro, last year or so after checking them out from my college library. I haven't watched this episode since that time, so I never realized the similarities before reading that comparison. this seems like a direct reference to the fact that those Pokemon...
  15. Y

WOAH!!! 0.o You hand-write this shit before putting it on your site? Interesting. BTW, I checked out your "differences between the movie and the comic" page for the Zoroark movie... first of all, I gotta wonder where you got those screenshots. And is it just me, or did you just now start using...
  16. Y

and the point I'm making is: if it doesn't make sense, why even bring it up in the first place? Okay, I guess there is the whole "this entire anime is a string of 20-minute video game ads featuring some how-to-play segments", but still, the lack of consistency is pretty jarring.
  17. Y

if that is the case, and a Shadow Ball really did hit a Normal-type afterwards as I recall (didn't one such occurrence happen around mid-DP?), then that would only further prove my point about them using game mechanics at will.
  18. Y

oh, Dogasu. In this day and age when the entire series has been localized in some form or another (and the corrected numbering has been used as early as the Playstation re-ports over a decade ago), it's one thing for some outdated nostalgists to refer to it as "Final Fantasy III", but to hear...
  19. Y

I've been familiar with the name "Pokemon Shock" for a while. I forget the specifics, but I might've been screwing around Wikipedia, came across the article, and checked out the Japanese link. On another note, the Japanese seem to refer to the 1983 North American video game crash as "Atari...
  20. Y

kanji should be irrelevant in a game series that uses nothing but kana. Besides, it's not as if puns revolving around kanji and pronunciations of such haven't been done before (which is especially easy to pull off when furigana's involved), and since the attack's name was a fan-made one that won...
Back
Top Bottom