Search results for query: *

1. Yash

TCPI doesn't get enough credit for preserving the original 4 kids dub

Not saying it never happened in 4Kids! What might be skewing my perspective here is that the Kanto episodes had a ton of on-screen Japanese text on signs, posters, etc. whereas that had been totally phased out by the time TPCI took over dubbing, so the "opportunity" to wipe Japanese text blank...
  2. Yash

You have to admit though that was a pretty glaring oversight: I'd categorize that much differently than 4Kids missing a sign in the corner of the frame, or something (though I know there are more substantial instances of that on 4Kids' part, like leaving the Japanese text in Meowth's song in...
  3. Yash

Yeah, TPCI used the updated Japanese remaster and didn't muck with anything besides replacing the logo and credits, as far as I remember. I don't think they even added in opening credits during Ash's battle with the pirate guy.
  4. Yash

Perhaps my perspective here is skewed by how little honest-to-God Japanese text actually shows up now. Just thinking of that Best Wishes episode where they played one of the Oak segments and they left the Japanese text completely unaltered. I know the dub doesn't have the graphics for the...
  5. Yash

If such a thing ever happened, one benefit at least would be you'd likely see a number of 4Kids' paint edits reverted, as TPCI doesn't seem to be as allergic to Japanese text as 4Kids was.
Back
Top Bottom