Search results for query: *

1. Zexy

Mafia Philosophy

Standard ruleset changes: Now contains links to the rules in question. Phase shortening is made more flexible and not related to -LO/HYPER-MAJ/anything that had to do with Rule 9. All mentions of phase shortening are taken away from this rule and solely squeezed into 2. The standard is now...
  2. Zexy

Mafia Philosophy

Alright, so now that TWR Season '17 Mafia is over and I've got some more time for long Mafia Philosophy posts, there are two things that happened there that I believe should be discussed further: 1. About Cult as a faction and its win condition. First of all, what do we define a faction? One...
  3. Zexy

Mafia Philosophy

I just go with what roles I'd like characters to have and see if something is too strong/weak there. Although lots of my roles are designed to interact with each other in specific creative ways, some roles only make it in the game just for that purpose.
  4. Zexy

Mafia Philosophy

I don't think that's the real reason Double Voters are most often town. By that argument, Roleblocker should've been most often town too (since it is frequent enough in the town and the argument of town having most players still/always applies), but it's certainly a mafia staple. This is because...
  5. Zexy

Mafia Philosophy

It is still very easy to cheat around that system. If someone claims Voteless, you just have them vote someone alone and see if it will show 0. If someone claims Hated, you just have them let be and see if it will show 1. and so on...
  6. Zexy

Mafia Philosophy

But more likely than not, thye don't want to work around the votals. Instead they want to use them to confirm themselves. So such a way to show VC can be very pro-town in some setups.
  7. Zexy

Mafia Philosophy

That's not how I look at it. When I post a vote count as a host, I show the amount of people voting for a player, not the amount of votes put on a player. So it's not a lie and not bastard, it's just that most players assume that each player has one vote because that's how it regularly works...
  8. Zexy

Mafia Philosophy

But it's the kind of information I believe should be given to the town for the sake of fairness. They should have the right to know if they can safely No Lynch at any time just like in those first old simple open setup games, that's how I believe the game is supposed to be played.
  9. Zexy

Mafia Philosophy

The point here is that I believe the player should have that information, they need to know what the worst outcome can be if it is game-ending after today.
  10. Zexy

Mafia Philosophy

Phase length has nothing to do with respect for the players. You know what length you are signing up for, it's not that just because everyone is used to 48/24 anything else would be disrespectful. It is more likely to be inactive though and since TWR isn't the most active mafia section around...
  11. Zexy

Mafia Philosophy

Agreed. That's the whole point, town needs to know in what exact situation they're in and act accordingly, it's the nature of roles that should be withheld from them, not the potential outcomes just because they don't know the amount of mafia; that's unfair since mafia knows all the numbers.
  12. Zexy

Mafia Philosophy

I'll be keeping non-LO HYPER-MAJORITY on all non-staff games I host myself or with co-hosts who'd also like it in. In all other cases I'll be dropping it and would also like to use Eevee's phase shortening suggestion. I am actually a bit surprised to see this many people against it, people...
  13. Zexy

Mafia Philosophy

Picking the mentor game was a wise choice as you'll be receiving help by someone more experienced while getting used to playing. Hope you like it around here, and if you have any questions feel free to ask me. Playing to the interests of the town is the way to play when town; guess you haven't...
  14. Zexy

Mafia Philosophy

Those are all fair concerns but there are as many cases of phases who should end sooner because there is no reason for them to go on when nothing is about to change.
  15. Zexy

Mafia Philosophy

Nothing, it's just that I've been making edits here and there, never keeping it all in a single, concrete post. But now that we are going to have a link to it in the hosting guide, there needs to be one post that will only contain the ruleset and will be constantly edited.
  16. Zexy

Mafia Philosophy
    Threadmarks: Zexy's Standard Ruleset

Reposting my standard ruleset at its latest form. From now on I'll be editing this one with any changes I make, as the revamped hosting guide will have a link to this post:
  17. Zexy

Mafia Philosophy

ok ok maybe later, I think I've overdone it now. The next few games I'll be hosting don't leave much room for excessive complicatedness anyway. VGB is Chaos-style (so roles need to be such that could work as either alignment as it gets randed afterwards), ToS: All Any is semi-open, 123 has...
  18. Zexy

Mafia Philosophy

Changes to my standard ruleset: Most of my games will be roleclaiming/OC-allowed anyway so I'm sticking to that, if I need to change I'll make it clear. The only major change is Rule 9. HYPER-MAJORITY only applies to non -LO day phases. From the first -LO day phase onwards the phases will only...
  19. Zexy

Mafia Philosophy

I know the differences between my town and scumy plays as well; a while ago everyone could tell and have me lynched as scum by Day 3 but then in PJ/AF I actually got better at it* I don't use it and it alone as an attack. As a defense maybe, when I don't really have something else to defend...
  20. Zexy

Mafia Philosophy

Well meta reading is a tool just like most scumhunting methods are, it's not the only thing you should use, not what decides your read on a person alone. For example in the above scenario, in each game there would be some more evidence that pointed out CheffOfGames as mafia if he was indeed...
Back
Top Bottom