Search results for query: *

1. Zexy

The Round Table

Fair hosting award is a thing already. The problem with "most balanced mafia game" is that some just are open or semi-open so they're balanced by default. I think a "best mafia game setup" might work better. Character submission, to be exact. It's not even this season though :P
  2. Zexy

The Round Table

In the meantime, I'll be taking on the War Room Playing and Hosting Guides Rewriting Program because now that ME's the head the days of me being lazy are over. Recently there have been players and hosts who pointed out that the guides are lengthy, technical and overall not newbie-friendly. They...
  3. Zexy

The Round Table

Public Service Announcement to all War Roommates worldwide: It has come to our attention as War Room staff that there has been a vast increase in mafia games signups for the past few weeks. Lots of said mafia games fill up quickly and easily while others don't and need to get roles cut (good...
  4. Zexy

The Round Table

The only work we've done on these guides so far is update a few parts that had become obsolete over the years. There has been some discussion on editing it in a more newbie-friendly fahsion but we dropped the idea at the time because we believed that a guide should cover the more technical and...
  5. Zexy

The Round Table

You can access all TWR Awards-related threads ever from here: War Room Awards Archive This is the OP of the most recent Awards thread, all the categories are listed there: The War Room Awards 2016 - Voting Has Ended
  6. Zexy

The Round Table

We should seriously consider it indeed, other communities have such an award.
  7. Zexy

The Round Table

This is Mafia Philosophy material, not Round Table. Please post it there :-)
  8. Zexy

The Round Table

ANNOUNCEMENT: Thank you all for the feedback over the queue system. After much discussion, the staff has decided to not change anything in the queue system. However, we recommend that you do not attempt to host lots of Large Games as it is difficult for them to fill up and may result in your...
  9. Zexy

The Round Table

It is a good idea. The point of this award is that a sub's performance may be good but not deserve the Best Single Town/Mafia Performance award because they did play through the entire game. There are also cases where a sub's performance might not deserve the regular award but is still very...
  10. Zexy

The Round Table

Attention, everyone; We would like to inform you that a new War Room rule has been added in the Hosting a Mafia Game section of the rules: We hope we will not have to put this rule into effect most of the time, but it should be around to resolve cases in which host(s) have gone inactive while...
  11. Zexy

The Round Table

Note that in the end we decided to make a new thread instead of editing the opening post of the old one. This means that the Conceptual Queue data still exist in the OP of the old thread which is now archived.
  12. Zexy

The Round Table

Regarding changes in the Queue system. Hello, members of The War Room. After receiving your feedback, The War Room staff has decided to revamp the Queue system significantly. A major part of said revamp is that the Conceptual Queue will be gone soon. Which means you all have a few days to save...
  13. Zexy

The Round Table

Mod note regarding the new Off-Site Mafia Events and Advertising Thraed After discussion among The War Room staff we have decided to create a new thread in which off-site mafia games may be advertised within Bulbagarden. Advertising in the Discord chat is still allowed, though.
  14. Zexy

The Round Table

It is a backup host system designed to be activated when (non-staff) users have trouble with hosting and staff needs to intervene so that the game ends in a timely manner. Staff hosts are expected to be active anyway and if there still is a need for someone else to take over a fellow staff...
  15. Zexy

The Round Table

As in, a place where people who joined us from other sites can advertise their off-site games?
  16. Zexy

The Round Table

@Elieson; I think such discussion fits Mafia Philosophy more. This thread is for feedback on new rulings.
  17. Zexy

The Round Table

A scale would only complicate things further, I'm afraid. I stand by my point that the beginner-friendly/casual/whatever-you-like-to-call-it tier needs to have distinct rules, which should be more strict than "serious mode" so that the players won't feel overwhelmed. A scale wouldn't help in...
  18. Zexy

The Round Table

Gen 1 can fall under New Mechanism Town VS Scum shouldn't rule out the possibility of indeps.
  19. Zexy

The Round Table

Host attitude and setup cannot prevent a game's atmosphere becoming serious because of aggressive/competitive/experienced players. Rules can, though, which is why I believe tiering should be enforced through the correct rulings that will make beginners and less-experienced players still feel...
  20. Zexy

The Round Table

@AussieEevee; We proposed the names "Casual" and "Advanced" in place of "BMGf" and "MU" respectively. We talk about Bulba-style and MU-style unofficially, but we cannot name our tiers like that. It would also be disrespectful to all the other mafia communities we interact with.
Back
Top Bottom