Search results for query: *

1. Zorchic

Hoenn Adventure [5/5] - CLOSED!

I don't mean to keep this discussion going, but how will you account for moves that are executed in an unorthodox manner? For example, spinning and using Water Gun to send water flying in all directions? For that matter, what will the Ability Compound Eyes do? Since it multiplies accuracy by...
  2. Zorchic

The above in regards to dodging only applied if you actually choose to dodge. Otherwise, the attack goes by standard accuracy.
  3. Zorchic

Natures could play a part in damage calculation. Yeah, I was thinking that who goes first is decided by an RNG picking between 1 and 2 to decide who goes first in each turn, as a random element. Also, I don't think we should do accuracy like in the games. The accuracy is instead the speed of a...
  4. Zorchic

This is what I thought: for dodging, the second Trainer to issue their commands in one turn has the option of dodging. To help determine whether a dodge is successful, the referee, if we end up going with that idea, considers each Pokémon's speed. The faster the dodging Pokémon is than the...
  5. Zorchic

Also, should we add Natures for our Pokémon?
  6. Zorchic

Or...have someone referee the battles. This whole subforum on UPN, though it is no longer in use, offers a lot of battles to look through, and also how to referee a battle.
  7. Zorchic

I was thinking that the probability of status conditions is still random; maybe use an RNG for that.
  8. Zorchic

I get your point. Take a look at an example of a GM update. I got it from here (Fizzy Bubbles) (Jeffrey is the ally): Also, take a look at a battle in Fizzy Bubbles, an RPG. There is a sense of integrity that's required for what I said to work. I just don't like dice rolling as a battle system...
  9. Zorchic

More about this; I was thinking that the GM (or opponent, in character vs. character battles) could determine whether an attack lands (and be reasonable, of course).
  10. Zorchic

Thanks for the answers. I edited in my goal; I must have accidentally deleted that. Mind if I add extra moves to my Pokémon as well? A suggestion to the battle system might be that there are no concrete rules, instead depending on the situation. For example, the accuracy might merely be how...
  11. Zorchic

This looks interesting. I'll try something new! But first, I have a few questions: Do Pokémon have all the moves that they have ever learned, at once? (i.e., they can exceed the four move limit, and there is no move forgetting?) I signed up assuming the answer is no. How will you handle...
Back
Top Bottom