• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. canisaries

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

if someone says my story sucks in a review then ill point and laugh and say HAHA YOU READ THROUGH A STORY YOU DIDNT EVEN LIKE
  2. canisaries

you're gonna have to be a bit more specific than that. doomed how, and how are you afraid that the anger would go overboard? it's a pretty justified thing to be mad about.
  3. canisaries

he would still have to know what taxidermy is, which would mean taxidermy was a thing in the universe, so the effects are practically the same
  4. canisaries

i did mention in my reply what would be done if billy was "undead in some way, like a ghost or a zombie". if you want to hint at the fact that he's a ghost, you would have him do things that would be suspiciously reminiscent of a ghost, such as disappearing or appearing in a location seemingly...
  5. canisaries

i'm kind of confused? do you mean that billy would be undead in some way, like a ghost or a zombie, or someone who's stolen the real billy's identity, or that billy wasn't really there and bob was hallucinating somehow? or is the goal precisely to make it totally ambiguous? because in all those...
  6. canisaries

"It swam in a straight line"? I don't think I understand the question. Are you wondering about its swimming style, as in whether it should paddle with its paws or swing its tail from side to side like a fish or crocodile would? In either case, I don't see how it couldn't move straight ahead like...
  7. canisaries

Cryo.
  8. canisaries

without further detail, i'm not sure if that's really gonna work. the only way to tell the audience that the character was once different without outright spelling it out is to have the other characters discover someone who remembers the past version of the character or some item(s) from that...
  9. canisaries

oh, alright, i was talking about it in the context of a character without other healing moves. i think the logic itself working depends on how you describe it. a mon sprouting roots and using them to drain the environment makes sense to me, but a mon drawing nutrients and water to them...
  10. canisaries

i mean it makes sense to me since it's grass type and plants are known to absorb things (hell, that's why they're SE against water), but are you sure it won't become one of those "why didn't they just" situations later? being able to heal by yourself (nearly) anywhere at any time may get in the...
  11. canisaries

i'm gonna have to ask this question on a pretty abstract level to avoid basically telling the entirety of the story i need this advice for... but what can one do to make a story feel like it has more consequence when the end situation of the story is mostly the same as it was in the beginning...
  12. canisaries

ralts could sound like mystic chanting or baby noises and pawniard could sound like metallic clangs
  13. canisaries

I think you cut that story a bit too short because "can't judge distance" is very vague. How severe is the "can't"? Is it just general poor visuospatial comprehension where you're not really sure how far apart two things are in reality - for example, how long it'd take to walk from the first to...
  14. canisaries

@Nitro Indigo Body mass index sounds really... random? I mean, it's something that was developed for humans to estimate if their weight is healthy while taking into consideration their height. If you went by BMI, you would introduce Pokémon ordered by how much they weigh proportional to their...
  15. canisaries

density is defined as mass per volume, so you have to know mass and volume to get it. however, height can be used to estimate proportions and so figure out the volume by breaking the object down to simpler geometric forms and calculating the volume of those. if you're thinking of using the...
  16. canisaries

haven't been skydiving, but do know some stuff about physics. an important factor here is the speed (and partly morphology) of the transformation. if it's instant and her wings are spread, then that's bad news for her wings, as the mass of air rushing into her wings at human terminal velocity...
  17. canisaries

Okay, so, there's this one kind of judicial (and medical?) aspect I'm unsure about in a story of mine. It's kind of spoilery even when I make it sound anonymous, so I'll hide it.
  18. canisaries

well, i've usually just gone with --- aligned either left or center, depends on the case. for some, i've used spaces (- - -), but the annoying part about that is that if i want to do it in a gdoc, the editor thinks i want to make a bulleted list and makes it annoying to correct each time. but...
  19. canisaries

Mmm, well... I don't know what would prompt that name really being said, as the only sources of information are the environment and the character's thoughts, and while he is egotistical, he's not quite so egotistical that he'd frequently refer to himself in third person. In that way, introducing...
  20. canisaries

"Moon boots" makes me think of those ridiculous shoes with really tall and thick soles. I have a question of my own to ask, and it's on something I've been uncertain of for a while. What's the most fitting spot to switch from "it" to "he/she(/they)" when talking about an animal/creature/Pokémon...
Back
Top Bottom