Search results for query: *

1. chaos_Leader

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

I don't get to "miss" days working aboard the ship, not unless I'm dead, dying, or infected with the plague and the ship's doctor says so. My supervisor knows where I live (right down the hall from him, actually) and I will hear judgemental phone calls/door banging if I somehow manage to "miss"...
  2. chaos_Leader

Serious talk in spoiler. Edit: wow, talk about a downer. A brief moment of concern, but I'm going to do fine as I put the pieces of it in context. While I can worry about the situation, and be highly concerned over it, I won't be held down by by fear. I do my duty and do my part, whatever may...
  3. chaos_Leader

I wonder, is this how a mad scientist feels? I was just cooking up some rice, and wanted to put something a bit more exciting than a fried egg over it when it was done. One hour and one raided pantry later, with some kitchen shenanigans in the mix, and I think I'm on to something: Ingredients...
  4. chaos_Leader

I am a US citizen, but I've traced my own lineage back a bit, and even got the genetics analyzed (or rather, my parents did and squeed about it to me). As for which countries, it's all of them, and I mean all of them. My family name is from a Norwegian line, but included in the known ancestors...
  5. chaos_Leader

I've actually had quite enough of "Summer." After spending the better part of two years putting around Hawaii on a cruise ship (working, mind you), I'm still trying to understand why it's such a hot vacation destination. It's not a great experience when you step out the door, only to be...
  6. chaos_Leader

It's definitely interesting, and a much more thoughtful effort to use that heavy, gritty electronic sound without it feeling overboard. I think the artist Deadmau5 sums up my own opinion on the matter pretty nicely here. Honestly I'm of two minds on "dubstep". On the one hand, I'm an audio...
  7. chaos_Leader

It was probably an ear pick rather than a true "claw". It's more not recommended for one to use on one's one ear, especially if the user doesn't know how to use it.
  8. chaos_Leader

Holy crap I can hear again! Weird thing to be excited about, but I feel like saying so anyway. These past few days have been really, really annoying with one of my ears totally plugged up with earwax, and for most people I can imagine that being inconvenient and bothersome. But for an audio...
  9. chaos_Leader

I'm trying to be off the ship life for a while longer than normal. It can be a hectic, somewhat brutal life. I don't plan on quitting the ship entirely, because despite how hard it is there are things about it I enjoy, like the opportunity to meet a lot of great entertainers, to overcome the...
  10. chaos_Leader

Just made it to Canada (Newfoundland) for my brother's wedding. What's the first thing I do when I arrive:? go to Tim Horton's to get coffee... I got my priorities straight!
  11. chaos_Leader

Sheer stubborn force of will. Seriously though, it's not an easy process. I've restarted one story several times before I was satisfied with it and could move on.
  12. chaos_Leader

There is, actually, in the up-country of the island of Maui if I remember right (Akala island in game, where the weird little western town is, corresponds to rl Maui). And it's just as out of place yet still kind of charming in real life as it is in the game. In fact, probably one of the few...
  13. chaos_Leader

Not directly, but a few things of interest, and some elements in S/M add detail to some ideas I already had in mind. Notably, environment and circumstances that can dramatically alter the capabilities of the mon (like regional variants) will ply a prominent role. Similarly with holes ripped in...
  14. chaos_Leader

"combat boots" or Combat Boots? For one, the kind of boots (at least actual military issue or work boots) that are robust enough and comfortable enough to withstand the rigors and daily punishment we put them through do tend to cost $200+ and are well worth it. I've got a nice pair of Danners...
  15. chaos_Leader

I work for Xmas, providing a dream holiday vacation experience, or something. That's the lot of someone who's employed aboard a cruise ship. So I guess I get a paycheck for Xmas?
  16. chaos_Leader

It may in-fact be. Here is a small snippet of Japanese Law. The important question though: was she actually fired, or was it a contract non-renewal. If it's the former, then in can probably be contested according to Japanese labor law.
  17. chaos_Leader

Having visited both northern France and southern Japan, there are a few climate differences. Both locations have a fairly normal temperate marine climate (warm summers, mild winters, significant precipitation from the ocean, subject to quick changes). Honestly they'd be predtty similar, with the...
  18. chaos_Leader

That kind of sounds like a Roshamon scenario: a small number of characters each offering their own perspectives on a given event, each perspective having wildly different implications. Then again, Roshamon only focused on one single event, and wasn't part of something larger.
  19. chaos_Leader

Working on it! Though I don't think *anyone* wants to see the garbled mess of notes and scattered ideas that is a half-done chapter of mine. That is unless people are morbidly curious about our writing process and want a "behind the scenes" look at what we fo.
  20. chaos_Leader

I'll be picking mine up in Honolulu, Oahu (Hawaii) on Saturday, because that's the day when the ship is in port long enough for me to get to the store where I reserved it. Ship life man, it has a way of completely dictating life.
Back
Top Bottom