Search results for query: *

1. diamondpearl876

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

As far as I know, you're able to threadmark reviews, or any post written by anyone, really, as long as you're the thread owner. I don't believe a filtering system by rating for threadmarks, though, would be possible. I'd suggest just putting the rating and whatever other info you want in the...
  2. diamondpearl876

Yeah, it's """programming language""". I know enough to make it look like a real code (or at least I know a few people I can show the excerpts to that can ensure it looks like a real code). Would it be less intrusive if the codes were in between scenes/scene breaks? Fair enough. I definitely...
  3. diamondpearl876

I have a simple question! If you saw a small chunk of programming-like code in the middle of a fic... would it distract you? I'm writing about a Porygon, and I'm thinking of adding in such codes in to denote dialogue and/or when the character is trying to process an idea.
  4. diamondpearl876

Wooper/Quagsire Gligar/Gliscor Shedinja Mawile Wailmer/Wailord Drifloon/Drifblim Drilbur/Excadrill Sigilyph Ferroseed/Ferrothorn Larvesta/Volcarona Carbink Just to name a few. :V
  5. diamondpearl876

Merged, and if you have a broader question/concern about game mechanics, please use the existing threads about such topics. Thanks. Anyway, I tend to view trading evolution to be situational, where trading happens because it's in the pokémon's best interest. A trainer with a haunter, say...
  6. diamondpearl876

Some people just aren't a fan of affection like that, public or private. To each their own. xD At any rate, good luck exploring the topic! Writing outside one's comfort zone is indeed tough, but the payoff is worth it, IMO.
  7. diamondpearl876

Mixing English and French in the same sentence is fine: The trick is to not really use more than 2-4 words in French, methinks, or really obscure phrases. I think most people would be able to pick up that "mon amour" = "my love". But just in case, I'd put a list of translations at the end of a...
  8. diamondpearl876

I think I mentioned fakemon having stigma to you, but now that I think about it, I'm not as sure why... Regional variants are essentially a creation made by you, the author, with your own details and worldbuilding attached to them. Same goes for fakemon. Perhaps the main difference is that the...
  9. diamondpearl876

If you plan on putting a ton of characterization into your pokemon characters, I'd just leave the pokemon with your trainers. From a reader standpoint, I don't want to get attached to characters that are just going to be left behind without a single consequences, although there's ways to spin...
  10. diamondpearl876

I'd trust your readers to be able to connect the dots. You can also hint at the things from past chapters to refresh peoples' memories in-chapter, but overall, it sounds like you might break the flow and lose the impact of the character's past with a behind-the-scenes method.
  11. diamondpearl876

@Srebak Well... I don't know this fandom at all. Necessary disclaimer. But it sounds to me like the option of him becoming violent steers the most away from him reflecting - in fact, it's the exact opposite. It's him acting irrationally in response to the information he now knows. Of course...
  12. diamondpearl876

If things always go right or always go wrong, sure. But if you think you've got a nice balance going on, a stretch of 1,000 words doesn't seem awful by any means.
  13. diamondpearl876

I mean, if you blow it up, then there's no building to describe, just rubble... But for real, having delved into your recent writing for the first time, I can see that you have trouble putting in only the details that are important. The goal for most writers, if not all, is to have your readers...
  14. diamondpearl876

Well, it's up to you in the end, of course! No one here is ever obligated to do what people advise them to. We just ask reviews and comments be considered since we all take the time to be part of the community consistently and put in the effort to help. Anyway, I think yours is a unique...
  15. diamondpearl876

Rewrites are a good idea in general, but it depends how you go about it. I'd actually say wait until the trilogy is 100% done to go into rewrites, or pause work on Unequivocant to do so. I've seen over the years that rewrites either tend to kill the interest in the story overall if the author's...
  16. diamondpearl876

Hey, there! You could always go back and edit your early chapters if you're not particularly comfortable releasing them to the public just yet, or there are plenty of reviewers here who are willing to offer constructive feedback for your early chapters if you aren't sure what/how to edit! At any...
  17. diamondpearl876

@lucarioknight56 I'm sure you've heard this before - it's a pretty cliche saying - but if it's not interesting to write, it's most likely not interesting to read, either. I know what you mean by wanting to get to future parts, though. I suppose you could write out of order, but then you have...
  18. diamondpearl876

Yeah, to me, it sounds less abusive, like you said, and more just an unproductive relationship between trainer and pokemon because they aren't a good match for each other. Anyway, if you do decide to go for the Master Ball lore, my only further suggestion would be to have it fleshed out so it...
  19. diamondpearl876

Okay, first of all, @AceTrainer14's message made me laugh. Way to make me look like a sadist. ;) @canisaries Hmm, let's see... In this case, worldbuilding could be your friend. Is there something about Master Balls in this universe that makes it impossible for Zapdos to leave? Can the trainer...
  20. diamondpearl876

There are always going to be some readers willing to go back and re-read, but on the flip side, there's always going to be readers who won't because they just don't have time or whatever. I suggest fixing what you need to, then use the Announcement Thread and post in your thread outlining the...
Back
Top Bottom