Search results for query: *

1. dig

Your unpopular music/film/tv opinons

Game of Thrones is this decade's LOST. And not in a good way. Highly popular, great first seasons, everyone's talking about it. But they both take a nose dive in quality. Watching them is more a social thing than an art piece like Twin Peaks, The Wire or whatever. I think a lot of people got...
  2. dig

I'd rather watch the first Jackass film again than The Godfather. I like both, but I truly prefer Jackass.
  3. dig

QI's went to shit lately. Too many crap panelists, and much like Have I Got News For You, it really needs strong panelists to be effective. Sandi Toksvig is an absolute delight, she was always a highlight when she was a mere panelist. I think they've stopped booking great panelists as frequently...
  4. dig

The huge negative reaction to Disco from rockers and all that really didn't seem to be a reaction to the music but to the fans, disco is very much rooted in previously excluded minorities - gays, blacks, Latinos, trans. The anti-disco movement was as much homophobic as it was a revolt against...
  5. dig

Bit hyperbolic, it's not like she's vehemently anti-gay. ----- Most albums are too long, I'd rather have a 40 minute album of great shit as opposed to an 80 minute album with some filler surrounding the good stuff. Pop music really needs to evolve quicker, how long have we been in this whole...
  6. dig

Absolutely. Hip Hop gets a bad rap (lol) from naysayers about the lyrical content, tarring all rappers with same brush. Here's an example of fantastic lyrics by Cannibal Ox in the song Iron Galaxy: And if there's crack in a basement Crack heads stand adjacent Anger displacement Two step...
  7. dig

The problem with modern classical is that far too much of it is unlistenable, seemingly random sounds and it just doesn't sound interesting to many people. How many 18 year olds are dying to see La Monte Young perform a 6 hour atonal piece? Not many. Classical is very much a genre that's closed...
  8. dig

Calvin Harris has far too much of an impact on pop - every song churned out by your favourite mega pop sensation is a clone of Rihanna & Calvin's We Found Love. That song is actually pretty great, but the problem is that every top 40 producer latched on to the style of it and now all we hear is...
  9. dig

Huh. So it is. The Beach Boys weren't that good. Overrated by nostalgic critics fond of their childhood.
  10. dig

Anyone over the intended audience age of My Little Pony could probably do with being banned from TV. Bee Gees are probably the greatest Australian band. Asian pop is just as bad as Western pop. Free improv/European free jazz is unlistenable 99% of the time. Robert De Niro is the greatest living...
  11. dig

garrison-san; I find that people usually say that it was still fine for a season or two after, but I think for the good of the show it should have ended with season 7 - no matter how odd it'd be for Frasier to end without the titular character in the final scene.
  12. dig

Thought it'd be fun for us to share the opinions we hold that aren't necessarily popular. Inglorius Basterds wasn't particularity great. Nirvana were mediocre Frasier should have ended with season 7
Back
Top Bottom