Search results for query: *

1. D

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Didn't the magazine that advertised these episodes, didn't they imply Lillipup evolved? Or was it merely saying that Herdier was the evolved form of Lillipup? Besides I don't know why anyone's first thought would be "She's using a different Pokemon" over "Lillipup evolved!" I mean everytime a...
  2. D

I do too, it was always "now gather" I don't know where "known better" even comes from (as in where people are hearing this). First of there's a distinct -g sound in it. If it was going to be anything not "Now gather" then it would be "together". The -g sound is just too distinct to mistake...
  3. D

I'm really getting sick of people accusing of me of putting words into their mouths when I'm not. Especially when some of the quotes had nothing to do with what you said. Okay let's look at specifically at all the cases you quoted me on. Ash said: "For sure! I wanna meet all the...
  4. D

Nice to know Japanese Don George is a dick. "Get your shit, and get out." LOL. So I guess the dub made English Don George nicer. I think given the distance and how distracted they were, I don't think they even noticed Meowth was speaking "English" in the dub, well to justify the dub. Plus given...
  5. D

True, but the difference is negligible, in my opinion. It's like these two example statements: I'm going to meet her. I'm going to meet Jasmine. Now obviously her could refer to anyone, but a few moments later it's clear that her refers to Jasmine. The only difference is one was a...
  6. D

I have to agree it felt like a real nitpick in most of this. When someone says Best Wishes Dubbed has a lot of rewrites and is no different than the past series I expect something like: Original: Oh no we're in trouble Dub: Oh crap we're going to die. Not something as trivial as: the...
  7. D

I'm from Idaho, and I've never heard of "Boonies" either. But of course knowing what it was in the original "hick town" and the context, I knew it meant 'hick town' or some equivalent to it. But still "boonies" has to be uncommon or rare (at least for me). I'm mean I've heard of that...
  8. D

I think I found another "it's the dub's fault" error. Or "it's Ash's fault." Barry/Jun already knows Ash caught Gible which is why he's throwing a fit because he saw Ash/Satoshi releasing Gible. Satoshi being obnoxious makes no sense because of Satoshi's tone. Satoshi didn't have a mean...
  9. D

I don't see the issue with the name even if ryuuseigun has nothing to do with Dragons (in terms of the name). It still doesn't change the fact that said move is still a dragon type move.
  10. D

I thought the reason why Ash was training Gible was because Wilma only trains dragon Pokemon which are owned by other trainers? If anyone was being asshole-ish in this case it was Grandma Wilma for not even wanting to help Gible, who had to try and learn Draco Meteor (prior to Ash) simply by...
  11. D

Actually I think you missed something, well you kind of ignored it and it does rectify the inconsistency you claim PCI did. Assuming the text matches the quote James said "I Believe its the word followed by the name of a Pokemon" Now I don't mean to get technical or anything but just because...
  12. D

The only time that really ever happened, is when he said that some machine is likely doing all this. But isn't that a fair assumption? I mean there's no known Pokemon that's can screw with Pokemon like this and in a technologically advanced society as the Pokemon world is, with you know Poke...
  13. D

Is that really accurate? Ignoring the stupidity of the other characters, but is Brock's intelligence or guesses that turn out to be 100% right really making this episode intolerable. I mean seriously look at the Pokemon affected, only water and electric Pokemon were affected. Does someone...
  14. D

Only that's not fair is it? I'm getting sick of people "rating" media and comparing it to other media. I really think people lost the concept of rating media. You really are supposed to rate media by itself, as if it was the most original thing in the world. No I don't give a shit if it's a...
  15. D

A quote from the recent comparison Not really, after all Tommy is a boy, and at his age he probably doesn't know all that much about girls. I think it's sort of like Young Goku in Dragon Ball, of the few episodes in the beginning of the show I saw (like 10, maybe slightly more) he only...
  16. D

The preacher doesn't understand the underlying friendship theme the show actually has. And if Ash stops people who are stealing Pokemon and trying to take over the world. And yet somehow Ash is still satanic, I mean how does that make sense? One thing I hate about religious fanatics, is the...
  17. D

And while he was rambling about how Pokemon caused people to stab each other. He failed (or at least to the point I stopped) to neglect all the wars that occur in the name of a God. It's just mind boggling and stupid that these religious fanatics think they know what they are talking about.
  18. D

Oh I can't believe I forgot, now this might be better suited for the Arceus Movie thread, I'll just post it here. In the movie where the butterfly effect originated or the book, anyway in the movie of said book a person asked the very same question "Why aren't the changes in the past...
  19. D

Even if 4kids did have other shows to dub, they still did have longer to dub the episodes. Since TPCI only dubs Pokemon, they could dub more episodes, so chances are if there are audio issues, it's because they did it fast and quick. Or quality was lost during the transition of something. Like I...
  20. D

Hmm, I've never encountered that problem at all, and since it's been 5 days since I've seen a TPCI episode of Pokemon I really can't remember if there were any issues like that. Although even if there were issues, seeing these episodes on the computer wouldn't be as great quality as seeing them...
Back
Top Bottom