Search results for query: *

1. elementcollector1

BDSP Sinnoh's New Language

Been a while, hasn't it...? Just wanted to say that I did actually manage to solve this in a reasonable manner. Too many translations to explain here, so I'll let this do the talking: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zsUUdjEMKIStAiU47Pf_Qqqw07hpF4lAKNqlVHq7g1U/edit?usp=sharing Here's the...
  2. elementcollector1

This is exactly why I've avoided making an article so far - the information is present in the core games and anime, easily verifiable, and yet... Pokemon hasn't acknowledged it, so I don't know whether it's 'canon'. People more familiar with Bulbapedia practices are welcome to weigh in, I suppose.
  3. elementcollector1

The LGPE alphabet does use the same characters, but because it's based on English they don't have the same meanings. (It also has a problem with gibberish text - the cipher only works on a small percentage of the in-game text.) Fun fact - so far, I've recorded 15 different translatable language...
  4. elementcollector1

And another - Eterna's reading of 'du O kemo' actually has a much better alternative: When counting aloud, 'fuu'/ふう can mean 'two' in Japanese. 'fu' is an alternative reading of 付, so this still fits and gets rid of the strange English-Japanese hybrid name of 'duo-kemo' in favor of the...
  5. elementcollector1

Another quick update - someone on Reddit pointed out it didn't make much sense to assign Canalave's translation of 'mano' to the Buddhist concept of the mind. Thankfully, we have alternatives: 間延 - 'long room/laziness/stupidity' 魔の手 (ma no te) - 'the clutches of evil' (very fitting for the...
  6. elementcollector1

Another day, another... well, I'm not actually getting paid for this. Wish I was, but then again, that would kill my motivation. Okay, so first up, with the release of the new Hisuian Zoroark footage, I was proven right about something! Unfortunately, I forgot to update this thread in the...
  7. elementcollector1

...I don't know how to tell you that regions offer extremely few geographical changes in remakes. The most that ever really happened were all the extra islands in ORAS (and to a lesser extent the Sevii Isles in FRLG), and even then they were extra. It's not like Fallarbor Town or Sootopolis City...
  8. elementcollector1

Another update - the Hisui label south (well, actual south if it's oriented like a Sinnoh map) of Jubilife Village might be 'chigi no ema' - Chigi being a style of Shinto shrine, and ema being special wooden plaques Shinto worshippers attach to said shrines to send their wishes to various kami...
  9. elementcollector1

Nope! Looks like it's an all-new set of names to tie in better with the Edo/Meiji-stylings of Legends: Arceus. As for character customization in Legends, it's a pretty safe bet... for the hair, at least. I think you still have to wear the Galaxy Expedition Uniform.
  10. elementcollector1

Been a while, hasn’t it? I’ve been busy trying to decipher this text, especially since the second trailer dropped. Unfortunately, while most of my new translations make some amount of sense, they’re by no means absolute – if I find one symbol means something different than I thought, it can...
  11. elementcollector1

I have a feeling there'll be more signs... Omitsunu Temple is top of my list of 'most likely', but I'm not so sure about the others. Spear Pillar? Flower Paradise? Pal Park, even? Not like we're short on choices, even if it is just signs. More symbols, hopefully! My biggest annoyance would be...
  12. elementcollector1

I figured here would be as good a place as any to post this - as of BDSP and PL:A, Sinnoh now has its own language! I struggled with this one for a long while, so let's start at the beginning so you can see the work I went through on this. You can see these town signs during the BDSP trailer...
Back
Top Bottom