Search results for query: *

1. game3524

PokeAni Missed Opportunities

To me, Ash not getting a keystone was a case of the writers sticking to a formula that didn't mesh with the current product they were promoting. Ash "only" using new Pokemon made sense for generation 3-5, but generation 6 was a throwback generation and there was just as much focus on the older...
  2. game3524

Yeah, I love the OI arc, so it pains me to have to say the series would have been better without it. But it is true IMO. Ash redeeming himself after the embarrassment at the Indigo League, having a proper badge quest to contrast with Kanto, and earning Charizard's trust during Johto would have...
  3. game3524

May should have received Brock's Mudkip. She would have made better use of it then he did. As for missed opportunities, Ash not getting a mega in XY still bothers me. It is even worse now that both Brock and Misty have keystones. The big attraction of generation six was mega evolution and how...
  4. game3524

Psyduck was never connected to Misty's character development, that was Togepi. He was the main reason why she mellowed out as the series went on. I think some are confusing her goal with actually character development.
  5. game3524

The point was to create suspense. I am glad they didn't evolve Psyduck. He was a gag pokemon that was fairly entertaining. You need characters like that on a show like pokemon or things would get dull real quick. Togepi was the one that needed to evolve earlier. He was more tied to Misty's...
  6. game3524

For the most part, yes.
  7. game3524

They are all popular. However, some final forms are just not as popular as their base form (Bulbasaur is a good example of this).
  8. game3524

Because the un-evolved form is not always the most marketable. The perfect example of this is Charmander and Froakie. Both are cute and marketable, yet they were allowed to evolve in their respective series becaue their final evolutions were even more popular.
  9. game3524

Rewatching some Johto, one thing that really bugs me is how Brock's Onix's doesn't evolve here, but later off-screen in BF. I mean come on, he gets a Crobat and Forretress to be his signature "Johto" pokemon over Steelix, who is an evolved form of the pokemon he most associated with. Maybe...
  10. game3524

I don't think he appeared. If I remember correctly, the only Kanto pokemon that Ash owned that appeared were Bulbasaur, Muk, and Snorlax.
  11. game3524

Evolutions in the anime seem to stem with how popular the pokemon evolution line is with fans and merchandise. Corphish likely didn't evolve for the same reason Bulbasaur and Squirtle didn't, they were more popular then their evolution line.
  12. game3524

Disagree. Each badge "win" fueled his ego and made him think he was a much better trainer then he actually was. I used to have an issue with it, but after rewatching season one, I don't anymore because it clearly made sense given where the character ended up in the end.
  13. game3524

Yeah, the writers wrote themselves into a corner with the amount of foreshadowing they did in DP. Honestly, the Indigo League was written much better then the Sinnoh League, even though the battles were no where near as good. In Kanto, everything was been set up towards Ash getting his...
  14. game3524

I never had a problem with them dropping Starmie. It was pretty redundant with her having Staryu (which was her signature battler even when Starmie was on her team). However, I would have flipped Goldeen with Horsea. Horsea at least should some personality, Goldeen was always just "there".
  15. game3524

Agreed. Honestly, I blame Kanto for being so short. It was only a year long (83 episodes) so they couldn't really wrap up the Ash/Gary rivalry. If Kanto was written today, it would be much longer (140-150 episodes) and the rivalry would have been wrapped up then and they would have been able to...
Back
Top Bottom