Search results for query: *

1. G

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Eurogamer was clear enough. if it's not a third version of SM to the tune of Yellow (whatever that might mean), then it's not Stars.
  2. G

this isn't even a rumor; this is just an application of that job posting. i highly doubt Stars, as the original rumor said it was and not as the various shoulda woulda couldas that fans have given, would exist as a 3DS game.
  3. G

i mean if they can come up with a zillion ways for Eevee to evolve, coming up with a way for Nebby to evolve into Necrozma (other than the likely day-night for Solgaleo and Lunala) shouldn't be too hard. that being said, i don't think Cosmog would end up as Necrozma. if Stars were to touch on...
  4. G

not trying to delve into an agree-disagree sort of argument regarding it, but i feel as if a dual release on 3DS and Switch defeats the purpose of Stars to begin with.
  5. G

To be fair, Z was 100% speculation and reaching from fans (myself included).
  6. G

skipping the bits on optimization since it's pointless discussion given that neither of us know full details. consider: Company says it's going to sell 100 units. these 100 units are made up of five sub-units that all count towards the primary units sales. in a weird totally fake scenario, each...
  7. G

sure, but maybe you should read up on this: confirmation bias
  8. G

unless their projections are conservative and just say "we're going to keep selling how much we've been selling." or their projections are wrong. or their projections are going to be buoyed by the release of the New 2DS, which will sell decently regardless of whether or not it gets new games to...
  9. G

new consoles sell better than old ones. Nintendo wants to push 3DS units so they drop the 2DS XL, which is an entry+ unit. dropping the 2DS right now for a game that'd probably come out by the end of the year makes no sense, especially since they have already done a fairly synced release in the...
  10. G

i mean, you've never left denial mode so. :/ smarminess aside, i fail to see how the release of a 2DS XL proves or disproves anything. not every leak is a dragnet, see just about every credible leak we had for SM, and companies release consoles late in their life all the time (XBox 360 E, Wii...
  11. G

i don't think the release of the 2DS XL, which is not only a move that no one understands right now but also just another retooling in the same console family, necessarily proves or disproves anything. (also as a tangent, wtf the 2ds xl looks great??)
  12. G

this is a very superficial analysis. Wii U aside (which can largely be attributed to coming out too soon after the Wii and relying too heavily on the Wii's branding, let alone the fact that XBox One hasn't been doing all that hot either), the N64 and GameCube are hardly flops; your perceptions...
  13. G

sure. definitely wasn't trying to refute that Gen 2 (along with 5 and 6) has the fewest number of releases. who knows, maybe two releases is the new normal?
  14. G

are you like, late to this discussion? i think it's been pretty well established that whatever-their-name from EuroGamer has a solid enough record to be taken seriously, at least until proven otherwise. i'm still seeing a lot of "there are no rules" and not a lot of "Game Freak's pattern is...
  15. G

i don't consider the pairs to be separate games. no, the idea that it'll be released on the Switch is predicated on a reliable source saying that the Switch will have a game called Stars that will be similar to Yellow. we're not out here making stuff up. do not conflate a guiding principle of...
  16. G

then replace it with hypothetical language. the overarching argument is still true: the fans scramble to find things they perceive to be patterns, swear by them, only for them to be punked by Game Freak. whether or not Stars is or isn't coming (and this thread pretty much assumes for the purpose...
  17. G

number of games-wise, Gen 6 is shorter. ok but this is Pokemon, not Zelda. it's in an interview somewhere. not that it matters all that much anyways, we got BW2.
  18. G

to be fair, there's been plenty of precedent for people reading into Game Freak's patterns all "they don't do this or that" only for them to be proven wrong when Game Freak does the this or that. there really aren't any patterns and there really aren't any rules. and i mean for what it's worth...
  19. G

a different design strategy doesn't preclude a third version either though. and in doing a third version, they would get some meaningful practice with the new console without having to make a substantial investment in what happens to that game. furthermore, it's a vague statement. perhaps it's...
  20. G

i fail to see how a wait and see approach precludes them wholly from doing Stars on the Switch, esp if it truly is a Yellow-ish third version (ie., very minimal differences compared to the base pair). there's also nothing that prevents them from going onwards to a different console and then...
Back
Top Bottom