Search results for query: *

1. henrymidfields

Your Unpopular Video Game Opinions

I know a lot of people got into Fire Emblem through Awakening, but I find both the story and the gameplay of Awakening mediocre. The gameplay is either brainlessly easy in Normal/Hard modes, or borderline unwinnable in Lunatic mode. The story and the main characters (and Lucina in particular)...
  2. henrymidfields

I actually think Tidus (and Yuna) are like two parts of the Jesus story. And Tidus is essentially the fiercer side of Jesus who sees the hypocrisy in the Pharisee/Yevonite priestdom. In related to the above, I actually think Final Fantasy 10 is one of the few JRPGs that actually acknowledges...
  3. henrymidfields

One of the two reasons why I liked Ashley Burch voicing post-P4!Rise instead of Rie Kugimiya. (Seriously, either Rie should have toned down Rise's chipmunky Japanese voice, or Nana Mizuki should have voiced her (somewhat like P5's Ann Takamaki) instead!) I think the combat system in FF13 is...
  4. henrymidfields

Persona 4 Dancing All Night is the only rhythm game I have been interested in. Persona 4 is actually one of those games that I did not mind the number of spin-offs. It throroughly deserves its popularity. Rise in the entire Personaverse is a character that really benifitted from having Ashly...
  5. henrymidfields

Rise Kujikawa's voice, post-Persona 4 Golden/Proper timeline is better with Ashley Bursch, because let's face it, she grew up mentally and moved on with her life since she moved to Inaba, which was 13-14 months before Dancing All Night started. It's hardly any wonder that Rise decided to adopt a...
  6. henrymidfields

Tokyo Mirage Sessions is the only Wii U-exclusive game that is worth getting for the Wii U. The rest are either not worth getting (ranging from alright, but not enough to buy a Wii u, to rubbish), or not exclusive to the Wii U.
  7. henrymidfields

@returnofMCH: No, not Captain Falcon. I'm happy to give him a pass. After all, TV Tokyo decided to give him the Falcon Punch in the F-Zero anime, and he looks quite badass in the GX story. (Though I wonder just how much does Smash influenced canon franchises (inc the Pokémon Anime)...)...
  8. henrymidfields

Yeah that is a good point - otherwise FE would remain a niche series. Though I'm still not fond of the other side-effects as noted below. Well, I've heard that Ganon essentially becomes a ninja in Smash Bros. And I'm wondering, "Why?? Give him the sword and the trident like in Hyrule Warriors!"...
  9. henrymidfields

For crossovers and all-stars, I loved Hyrule Warriors, and I'll definitely get FE Warriors. I can't get FE Heroes, but it looks awesome, and I would have loved that too, if my phone was not a Windows Phone. (And no, I'm not going to ditch my current phone just for a single game or two.) The one...
  10. henrymidfields

I've stopped being a fan of Mario Kart for a closely similar reason since Double Dash. I've tried F-Zero Maximum Velocity on the actual GBA years ago. The difficulty in that was much more frustrating than, say, Mario Kart 64, but at least they were the legitimate sort of difficulties - tight...
  11. henrymidfields

I can't say for 1 or 2, but MOTHER 3 is not as well-received in Japan as is in the English-speaking community, actually.
  12. henrymidfields

I actually would like to see a proper remake of Sonic 2006, and properly iron out all the bugs, flaws etc, - because it seemed to have a lot of potential in the story department.
  13. henrymidfields

On an extension to one of my previous posts a long time ago: One of the people working in Galaxy 1 secretly gave Shigeru Miyamoto the middle finger by adding Rosalina's backstory and a generally more engaged story than any Mario series that came before or after. And indeed, rightly so. Because...
  14. henrymidfields

Well, I'm kind of glad I didn't get it either then. (My Windows Phone hates Pokémon GO.) I started watching Super Mario Bros: The Movie (from Hollywood that released in the 90s) on Youtube (10-20mins each day) and I actually like the depictions of Mario, Luigi, and the Peach (Daisy in the...
  15. henrymidfields

So far I am finding Fates Conquest's story quite fun. I just love poking fun at "peaceful" Hoshido.
  16. henrymidfields

Oh God! Don't get me started on some of the horrific sprites! Especially Haunter and Golbat!! While I too respect their first attempt and the very fact that Pokémon was started at all, this was something I'm glad we did away with in FRLG.
  17. henrymidfields

Say whatever you want, but I do not understand, and I cannot give a heck about the fuss surrounding Mr. Iwata's passing away. Sure, death is unpleasant, but not being a personal friend or family member, and with other deaths being more of a concern (eg some of the refugees in the recent crisis)...
  18. henrymidfields

At least it looks like they tried to make an actual story out of the Sonic franchise. Perhaps the could have just fixed the controls and gameplay system and it wouldn't have as much infamy as it did? Fire Emblem Awakening isn't as easy without the paid DLC map grinding - even at Normal mode...
  19. henrymidfields

I never liked RSE, and I don't like ORAS either. There, that's sorta the two of us.
  20. henrymidfields

I actually think that Super Mario Sunshine is overrated and is the worst Mario game. Points taken off for Bowser being petty against Mario, and not being actually threatening like he was in the final battle of Mario 64, nor ambitious like Galaxy. Further points taken off for not employing Luigi...
Back
Top Bottom