Search results for query: *

1. ii kanji

The Rocket trio's lack of screentime in Sun & Moon is honestly kind of appalling

Every opportunity is the perfect moment. I was really hoping they'd bother with it for the Mewtwo movie, but never mind, hopefully this time it'll happen :p I don't think they would retcon that episode (which has been referenced at least 3 times since it aired in the main series), and I also...
  2. ii kanji

The Rocket trio's lack of screentime in Sun & Moon is honestly kind of appalling

ii kanji's Unnecessary Optimism Post #278103848 Tomorrow we'll be saying a sad goodbye to the TRio in SM. It will be very sad because Mimikyu, Hidoide and the bears have made themselves truly memorable despite the appalling lack of screen time given to them. But at least our core four are...
  3. ii kanji

I'm with you now. My feelings are essentially the same. @TRNatalie has neatly exposed why predicting their fates based on what we see in the anime is nigh-on impossible - their character trajectories and role are highly subjective and easily manipulated by the writers. Especially after all that...
  4. ii kanji

What really worried me from Sunday's episode were the following: Aya Matsui wrote it but it was a pretty unremarkable episode in and of itself. A plot was set up (Sakaki wants Kiteruguma) that was not resolved. If this is setting up some minor drama for the end of the series so be it and I...
  5. ii kanji

That old crone is alive for sure. Not sure what the anime could do with her mind you but I’d love for here to get an appearance :p
  6. ii kanji

Agree wholeheartedly, which is why I hope they won't try a disbanding attempt.
  7. ii kanji

I've already said my piece here but TL;DR: after SM 122, for the first time I am genuinely fearful that SM may be their swan song. If nothing else it seems increasingly likely that some kind of Rocket arc is coming. I'm not sure I agree with your idea of how that would be facilitated though...
  8. ii kanji

If you think about it, they've actually got more Pokemon on-side than Satoshi in Alola :p Sonansu, Mimikyu and Hidoide ofc, plus Nyasu, Kiteruguma and Nuikoguma...
  9. ii kanji

Their inclusion in many of the SM episodes they've missed could have been pretty unobtrusive as they are mostly just living their lives as (almost) functioning members of society. FOR EXAMPLE how hard would it have been to have Suiren go buy malasadas off them in the last episode?
  10. ii kanji

... with which "formula" they made many a dull episode good fun to watch. Yes, agreed, they weren't always best utilised, but more often than not they brought some colour into what would otherwise be a very boring and vanilla mix of personalities.
  11. ii kanji

I honestly expected this to happen at the beginning of the saga when the school premise was set up...
  12. ii kanji

I don't think that anything even midly groundbreaking is needed. They have had plenty of variety over 20 years, so a little bit of everything would just help flesh their appearances out more - a percentage of "standard" antagonistic appearances are vital, likewise a proportion of them doing...
  13. ii kanji

This is all well and good (and don't get me wrong I've loved their characterisation and independence in SM), but the drawback is that they are then totally separate entities from the main cast/story, and in that way you can question why they are even there. Some balance is needed, and they are...
  14. ii kanji

I've never, ever understood this position. Particularly prior to their BW personality redact (back when they were guaranteed to appear every week...), they added value consistently - whether it was some indispensable role in the plot or, more often, a bit of genuine humour, style or absurdity.
  15. ii kanji

I'll be honest - first episode I've watched live in MONTHS where Rockets were due to appear and it was extremely painful waiting for my Best Girl to appear only for her... not to. ("I guess they're in the Poke Problem solution!" LOL no :cry: At least they had a really good preview narration...)
  16. ii kanji

Today's shocking controversy (a member of the TRio appears ALONE for the first time in the history of the anime) has gotten me thinking. On one hand I was feeling cheated that instead of getting my 3 fave characters I got only one, but on reflection the whole scenario is weirdly exhilarating...
  17. ii kanji

My bad! Forgot about the Ashimari episode.
  18. ii kanji

Is it too early to say that we're getting a decent stretch at the moment? 4 in a row is the longest stretch since Feb... (I've been fooled into positivity so many times but I just can't help myself!)
  19. ii kanji

I really thought they would you know? Maybe there is still time... Still, I must disagree that they haven't changed or adapted over the years to suit the current series. The changes may not be so obvious because the core stability of 3 adults is so much more than Satoshi & Pikachu's bouncy...
  20. ii kanji

I am beyond appalled at this point. The whole Akala arc has been a damp squib (TRio absence aside) so I can only hope they don't attempt the same format for every other island quest.
Back
Top Bottom