Search results for query: *

1. ii kanji

Controversial opinions

I thought SM did this quite well with characters like that old lady who used to feed Nyabby and that Dugtrio DJ guy. But equally if this is always the case the world ends up feeling quite small - it worked for Alola due to its innate nature, but wouldn’t have done for PM19 for example.
  2. ii kanji

Controversial opinions

Another post about some of Haruka's one-off contest rivals has reminded me... I actually really miss CotDs. I feel like this is controversial because in general the concept gets a lot of hate. I know there's a balance to be struck and no one wants Johto reborn but some of the CotDs we've seen...
  3. ii kanji

Controversial opinions

Honestly the seeming suddenness of Satoshi’s departure (the writing of PM19 definitely did not scream ‘finale series’, at least not in the first half before I gave up the ghost) makes me wonder whether this is partly a cost saving exercise. I agree that his status was never irreplaceable but I...
  4. ii kanji

Controversial opinions

I really doubt that many or maybe even any of the individual creators are ‘bad’ or even ‘lazy’ at their jobs. I suspect there are some political shenanigans going on within the production which are resulting the crap quality of finished product. There’s a definite vibe this series of ‘the right...
  5. ii kanji

Controversial opinions

I remember people feeling this way at the time cuz of league hype, but can I just say that in its own right this was a really good and hilarious episode. If you love XY and miss all the characters you should definitely fill this gap in.
  6. ii kanji

Controversial opinions

I have a new controversial opinion, which is that I don’t think either Pikachu fake evolves or TRio fake split up episodes are a waste. Both explore fundamental questions: ‘Who would Pikachu be if he wasn’t a Pikachu anymore?’ and ‘Who would Musashi, Kojiro and Nyasu be if they weren’t the...
  7. ii kanji

Controversial opinions

This is my major issue right now. I’ve bitten into the styrofoam so many times, that I don’t even want to look at the cake anymore. Even something like the simple filler episode last aired on Friday looked to me like it would be a laugh but turned out to be completely vacuous. I’m not even...
  8. ii kanji

Controversial opinions

The worst thing is that it aired in a 1-hour special with Goodbye Dokucale/Crossing Paths, a genuinely iconic, insightful and outstanding episode, but at the time this got by far the more hype............
  9. ii kanji

Controversial opinions

Most recently, I distinctly remember them throwing Eureka off their balloon mid-flight in that T-Rex episode of XY…
  10. ii kanji

Controversial opinions

I get what you mean now. I think the thing that makes SM fundamentally different from other series is that it more of a character-driven, than a story-driven series, and because of that very little stuff is actually achieved and the plot itself feels weaker because it’s not the driving force. I...
  11. ii kanji

Controversial opinions

I’m curious about this take, which I feel probably is a controversial opinion on this forum. IMO SM may even pip DP to be the most cohesively written series of them all. What makes you think otherwise?
  12. ii kanji

Controversial opinions

You know though, this is what makes it realistic for me, internal pokemon league jurisdiction logic stuff aside. Sometimes however well you compensate the stars align to expose your weakness and make you fall. It happens to all of us, and it’s good it happened to Satoshi so kids witness the...
  13. ii kanji

Controversial opinions

I remembered it being like this too, but for factual accuracy I must say that I am currently rewatching SM and rereading the old review threads, and it's surprising how positive the feedback was generally, with the exception of one or two of the same people bitching each week that the show...
  14. ii kanji

Controversial opinions

On reflection, the Kanto League feels kinda like Pokemon's version of Minky Momo's death. There, Shudo was pissed that his show was being pulled due to not shifting enough toys, here Shudo was pissed that this little brat he had been forced to write for the sole purpose of shifting toys was so...
  15. ii kanji

Controversial opinions

Why didn't they just... use another actor?
  16. ii kanji

Controversial opinions

It was such a shock to me hearing Kosanji’s voice for the very first time, because he actually sounds kinda... sexy? Agree that B*tch is awful.
  17. ii kanji

Controversial opinions

@Alola sorry if it seemed I was having a go or intentionally misquoting you to make you look bad: I wasn't. I did read your entire post, but honestly it wasn't clear to me if the rules of engagement in this thread were changing as of your post. I was merely asking for clarification. Again...
  18. ii kanji

Controversial opinions

Whilst I completely understand what you are talking about/agree with the spirit of your post, isn't this exactly the thread in which to respectfully discuss such things? I know I have had a couple of very good debates here when my views have been respectfully challenged (emphasis on the...
  19. ii kanji

Controversial opinions

I with ya pal, the first year of DP was a chore to sit through, even though it very nicely set up the next 3 fantastic years of the anime.
Back
Top Bottom