Search results for query: *

1. I

International Politics Thread

Sadly, it is happening around the world, especially as a result of the coronavirus pandemic of the past couple of years and the restrictions that were imposed. And here in Australia, we had a Prime Minister whose best friend is a subscriber of QAnon, and inserted strong language into an apology...
  2. I

A note for my fellow Victorians. Victoria will go into caretaker mode at 1800 tomorrow night ahead of the elections on 26 November. So you may be wondering, what is the Caretaker Convention here in Victoria? The following article from vic.gov.au will explain the Caretaker Conventions that will...
  3. I

Not sure if this goes into the In Memoriam: Celebrities thread, but Liz Truss' poliitcal career has sadly died, 44 days after becoming British Prime Minister with Truss resigning as British Prime Minister, and a new Prime Minister to be elected, the second to serve under King Charles III after...
  4. I

Probably start with the Russian politicians saying these things volunteering themselves and members of their families to fight, but how many of these people will do the actual fighting? NONE! It will be the poor who would be doing the fighting while people like Vitaly Milonov (who probably has...
  5. I

Today, the State of Victoria proclaimed King Charles III as the new monarch, and as a result our Premier Daniel Andrews was sworn in and pledged allegiance to King Charles III. Tomorrow, the members of State Parliament will be sworn in and pledge allegiance to the new King.
  6. I

In regards to Liz Truss, she is the first British Prime Minister since Winston Churchill (who was a Conservative like Truss) to serve under two monarchs. Churchill served under George VI and Elizabeth II and now Truss has served under Elizabeth II (for just two days) and Charles III.
  7. I

It was a populist thing and no doubt the Conservatives knew it, but they wanted Brexit. And no doubt it was an appeal of nostalga for their voters. By the way, I just found a video on YouTube about the whole leadership battle and it is funny. Remember I put up several Honest Government ads in...
  8. I

From what I am hearing, if Liz Truss wins the race to be the new UK Prime MInister, then there is a possibility that the UK will move further to the right. I remember watching The Last Leg (which airs on ABC here in Australia), and host Adam Hills said that it is a minority of people who are...
  9. I

Here in Victoria, we are now seeing election advertisements from the Liberal Party against the Suburban Rail Loop, promising to redirect the money towards health. Well, while health is noble, if you want to save money, get rid of the Northeast Link because, and because of changes caused by...
  10. I

I was in Sunshine (a suburb in Melbourne's west) and the unofficial campaigning for the upcoming Victorian State Elections has begun with the Labor candidate for Laverton handing out material. I didn't accept it because I am in Delahey, which is in the Sydenham electorate. Note that the...
  11. I

And on top of that, many of the politicians cited in the articles you put up had also plotted with that Oompa Loompa to strategise overturning the election results on January 6 and then asked for a pardon. It seems that people like Marjorie Taylor Greene and Matt Gaetz are deeply involved with...
  12. I

If you thought that jackass Scott Morrison couldn't sink even lower, it looks like that that jackass is now engaging in conspiracy theories, channeling them at a church run by Margaret Court (Conspiracy questions follow Scott Morrison's Sunday sermon). If you are not from Australia, you wouldn't...
  13. I

There has been a shooting in Japan with former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in a critical condition after the shooting on the eve of House of Councillors (or Upper House) Elections taking place this weekend (Abe in state of cardiac arrest after shooting; police arrest suspect | The Asahi...
  14. I

Boris Johnson has quit as the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (Boris Johnson quits as Britain’s Prime Minister). And he (Boris Johnson) is still a sausage roll according to a video on YouTube (don't worry, the video I saw is Safe For Work).
  15. I

Tragedy has struck here in Victoria with a member of the United Australia Party winning the sixth Senate spot up for grabs with Ralph Babet being the only success enjoyed by the UAP in the elections, and already out with conspiracy theories, claiming that free speech is being targeted by...
  16. I

I found a very good tweet from Twitter in regards to Clive Palmer NOT GETTING A SINGLE SEAT (in fact losing the next Prime Minister in Craig Kelly) despite spending $60 million on the election. Should've gone to IKEA...
  17. I

In retrospective, it was sad to see Fydenberg to go as I think he had respect from both sides of the aisle. The best moment was seeing the "next Prime Minister" Craig Kelly get a trip to Cuba, courtesy of the ukulele-playing robot. Note that that was the first time I saw the ukulele-playing...
  18. I

I wish to make an apology for my previous post. It was Monique Ryan who won Kooyong, but I stand by my comments that Zoe Daniels has won (in Goldstein not Kooyong as I said in my previous post). And it looks like Craig Kelly will hit the jackpot, expected to lose Hughes (and as a result get a...
  19. I

I was working today at a polling booth and had a democracy sausage. And the twitter post is great political satire, not sure if a certain Keith Rupert Murdoch will be happy (in fact, he would be outraged as it mocks the LNP). I am outraged though that they are selling a toilet block for $100k...
  20. I

Sadly, it's true. He is popular among conservatives, especially with his tough stance on China (Dutton even said that we should be prepared for war with China, a war that his children will not have to fight, but ordinary people would be forced to fight for his own interests, even though most...
Back
Top Bottom