Search results for query: *

1. I

In Memoriam: Celebrities

Not sure if anyone had heard of this story, by American football legend O.J. Simpson had died. I think we all remember the car chase (I heard it was during the NBA Finals and the broadcaster used a split screen to show the NBA Finals and the car chase, long before digital television) and the...
  2. I

Couldn't agree more. Both Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT were important parts of my life (I remember watching both on Cheez TV on Network 10 when I was a kid), so it is a dark day for anime fans throughotu the world as one of the greatest people in the history of anime is sadly no longer with...
  3. I

German record producer Frank Farian, who was the producer who formed bands such as Boney M., No Mercy and a duo who shall remain nameless to maintain the dignity of the forums (but we know who this due are because of a certain scandal in the early 90s) has died aged 82.
  4. I

A pretty hyperlocal thing, so hyperlocal that even people outside Melbourne, Australia won't probably get this story. Businessman Franco Cosso, famous for his ads on television selling furniture here in Melbourne, Australia has died aged 87. He had stores in Footscray (near Footscray station...
  5. I

Former US Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, who shaped the Cold War history of the United States of America has died aged 100 (Henry Kissinger Is Dead at 100; Shaped Nation’s Cold War History). What should be noted is that he was a controversial figure in not just US political history, but...
  6. I

This story has been developing in the past couple of hours. New Zealand comedian Cal Wilson has died aged 53 after a short illness (https://tvtonight.com.au/2023/10/vale-cal-wilson.html)
  7. I

Watched the Grand Final. And in regards to the award named in his honour, it was talk about renaming the Premiership Cup in his memory.
  8. I

This is a strictly Australian thing, but Professor Mary Louise McLaws, who guided Australians during the coronavirus pandemic of 2020-2022, has died from brain cancer aged 70 (Renowned epidemiologist Professor Mary-Louise McLaws dead).
  9. I

Hong Kong-American singer Coco Lee (she had a hit with Do You Want My Love, which was a huge global hit in 2000) has died aged 48.
  10. I

Former Italian Prime Minister, and media mogul Silvio Berlusconi has died. I was born in late 1984, so I am quite old.
  11. I

News of her death triggered memories for me from my time at primary school, and the memory was very good. At my school concert in Grade 3 in 1994 (it was before half the forum members was even born), my class danced to a medley of country songs, and one of them was Nutbush City Limits by Tina...
  12. I

Rolf Harris has died. I don't think I can say much about him because it would be full of nasty stuff about the latter part of his life, apart from the fact that he did paint the Queen and hosted Animal Hospital in the UK.
  13. I

Japanese zoologist and filmmaker Masanori Hata, who was well known for directing The Adventures of Milo & Otis in the 1980s has died, reportedly from a heart attack. I remember watching it on the old VHS as a kid (for the younger forum members, it was a magnetic tape inside a cassette, VHS -...
  14. I

Paul Cattermore from S Club 7 (a British pop band from the 1990s) has died aged 46 just weeks after S Club 7 announced a comeback tour (Paul Cattermole: S Club 7 star dies aged 46). It has triggered memories for me in which whenever their debut single "Bring It All Back" was played on TTFM (now...
  15. I

That was aired recently on SBS here in Australia, but didn't get to watch it.
  16. I

Maxwell Fraser aka Maxi Jazz from British electronic group Faithless has died aged 65 (Faithless singer Maxi Jazz dies aged 65). One of my first albums was the complation album Hit Machine 17 back in (I believe) was 1997 and one of the songs on the album was Insomnia and in recent years fallen...
  17. I

American comedian Leo Gallagher (famous or infamous for smashing watermelons on stage) has died from multiple organ failure aged 76 (Gallagher, Comedian Known for Smashing Watermelons, Dies at 76). In case you don't know, he was namechcked on an episode of The Simpsons called "Worst Episode...
  18. I

American rapper Coolio (who had a hit with "Gangsta's Paradise" which was for the movie Dangerous Minds) has died from a cardiac arrest aged 59.
  19. I

Speaking for all the fourm members, this is indeed surreal as no one on the forums had a new monarch in their lifetime (my two remaining grandparents are among only a few relatives of mine that were born before the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II), so I think for the majority of the world's...
  20. I

Olivia Newton-John has lost her battle with cancer aged 73 (Vale: Olivia Newton-John | TV Tonight)
Back
Top Bottom