• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. J

Controversial opinions

As long as it's a character episode I wouldn't mind if Ash is absent because it develops Goh. If his family life is fleshed out, all the better because there's no pretense to get Ash involved.
  2. J

Controversial opinions

They did that in AG, when Ash had Treecko, May Torchic and Brock Mudkip. It meant Ash had to explore other options from the Hoenn Dex for water and fire types. In fact, four regions thus far have had the starters divided between protagonists, only in Kanto, Johto, Unova and Journeys have all...
  3. J

Controversial opinions

I like how XY didn't need to resort to depowering Pikachu (start of Hoenn, or Zekrom in Unova) or resetting Ash's experience just to give him a challenge, same as Sinnoh. Sinnoh and Kalos asked Ash to up his game (it helped a lot that Paul stood on equal footing for Ash instead of being a newbie...
  4. J

Controversial opinions

My controversial opinion, I prefer May or Dawn over Misty. I don't have the nostalgic memories of watching the original Kanto episodes many have, and May and Dawn had their own active goals in their coordinator aspirations. Yes, Misty has a great dynamic with Ash (at times on the friendly side...
  5. J

Controversial opinions

To many the subs aren’t readily accessible, and the dubs are either through streaming services like Netflix or a DVD Collection. The western DVD releases don’t have a language option, just the dub.
  6. J

Controversial opinions

A huge problem is that there’s only been a handful of episodes where PWC matches are the episode focus. There was the big meet up in Galar, which Korrina was at, and the Bea arc for example. Most matches have been almost afterthoughts, no more important than a random trainer Ash would battle in...
  7. J

Controversial opinions

Paul and his harsh training methods was pretty brutal for what we'd seen so far in the anime. Yes, characters had straight up abandoned their pokemon in harsh ways, like Damian leaving Charmander in the rain, but that was a Character of the Day as opposed to a main rival. Paul's attitude was a...
  8. J

Controversial opinions

Kalos was the first to break the tradition of the previous series female companion guest starring in an arc. Cilan is in one of the XY specials, but doesn’t encounter Ash nor learn some of the people he meets also travelled with Ash. In the Sun and Moon series it’s Misty and Brock who have the...
Back
Top Bottom