Search results for query: *

1. joshthewriter

MATURE: Journey
    Side Story: Nightmare

Nightmare The night was black. That was not unusual. The night was always black in Alamos Town. Nestled atop an isolated mesa to the north of the Oreburgh Valley, it was shielded from the radiant light of Jubilife and Hearthome by the small peaks of the Ravaged Path in the west and by the...
  2. joshthewriter

Threadmarks: Death of Duty, Chapter 19: Mission

Mission Two weeks and she stayed comatose. Two weeks and she wouldn't budge. She was breathing, but she wouldn't wake. The doctors assured me that she was physically fine, but there was no way to tell when she might wake up. Our only option was to wait. I sat at her side every night, watching...
  3. joshthewriter

Threadmarks: Fate’s Design

This story was heavily inspired by Wolflyn's Final Gambit. I was inspired by the "no player character" feel of that work, and wanted to put my own spin on a story like that. Consider this an homage, to a fantastic writer. Sorry that I originally didn't have a disclaimer here, Pano! Fate's...
  4. joshthewriter

Side Story: A Second Chance

A Second Chance Ilex forest was old when I was young. She was a proud beauty, unbroken despite man's attempts to tame her. Here among the trees, amidst the wild call of nature, was a different kind of life. It's simpler place, a more peaceful place. It was my home, the place of my people. It...
  5. joshthewriter

Threadmarks: Death of Duty, Chapter 18: Soul

Soul "Harding," I said, tapping on my comm unit as Artemis cleared the last of the trees. The savanna stretched out before me and the sea sparkled on the horizon. I glanced down at the small camp below, finally comfortable to break radio silence with the rest of Zapdos squad in sight. "I'm...
  6. joshthewriter

Side Story: Eternal War

Eternal War Every day, Farmer Dan started his day by taking his customary stroll through his berry patch. He checked on those precious little moneymakers every single morning, watching for any early ripening and checking for any impurities that might affect the value of his crop. His other...
  7. joshthewriter

Threadmarks: Chapter 17: Shinobi

Shinobi Artemis banked softly after Harding's fearow. We circled over the small clearing in the trees, easily spotting the abandoned bedrolls and scattered equipment. I tapped my comm unit. "That clearing is too small for me to land at." I glanced around, looking for a suitable place to land...
  8. joshthewriter

Threadmarks: Chapter 16: Ambush

Ambush It looked like Pride. His eyes, his horn, the same spikes running down the nidoking's flanks. Except the pokemon's head had been nearly torn from its body. A deep gash was rent into the king's armoured side, a bloody mess peeking out from under the pokemon. I shied back, putting my hand...
  9. joshthewriter

Threadmarks: Chapter 15: Grief

Grief "Hold," crackled the voice. "Wait for them to cross the ridge." I gripped the scope tighter, keeping the sights trained on the crest of the ridge opposite me. There was a deep gorge dividing the two ridges, starting further up the mountain where the rock formation split. I could see...
  10. joshthewriter

Threadmarks: Chapter 14: Survival

Reunion "So, let me get this straight." I stood up, pacing the end of my room. Luna looked up at me, unconcerned by my panicked tone. "You want me to walk in, demand to speak to the crazy bitch that's already kicked my ass, demand my pokemon back, and pray that I don't get executed for my...
  11. joshthewriter

Threadmarks: Chapter 13: Expansion

Reunion "So, let me get this straight." I stood up, pacing the end of my room. Luna looked up at me, unconcerned by my panicked tone. "You want me to walk in, demand to speak to the crazy bitch that's already kicked my ass, demand my pokemon back, and pray that I don't get executed for my...
  12. joshthewriter

Threadmarks: Chapter 12: Rainbow

Rainbow Good luck, Marcus! Whole bar is rooting for you! Wish I could be there! I looked up from my gear, a confident smile etched on my face. I had this. I could win this battle. I had people behind me, people I didn't even know who knew my name. The doors cracked open and the sweet smell...
  13. joshthewriter

Threadmarks: Chapter 11: Expansion

Expansion I scowled at the shelves of merchandise, my eyes falling on the item I was here to buy. It had taken me three floors of useless guided shopping to reach this point. I may have been in a good mood at one point, but shopping never was my thing. Especially when one of my arms was...
  14. joshthewriter

Threadmarks: Chapter 10: Roads

Roads I woke with the morning call, scrambling out of bed to make it down to reception in time for checkout. I made it with four minutes to spare, my balls slotted into place on my belt and my pack hastily crammed back together. I wasn't pretty, but I was awake. I'd be on the road anyways, so...
  15. joshthewriter

Threadmarks: Chapter 9: Thunder

Thunder My platform rose into the air, Surge mirroring me across the arena. There was no crowd, no onlookers save for a pair of gym trainers that Surge had asked to spectate. The cameras were rolling, broadcasting live to whatever league network decided to pick up an early match. There was no...
  16. joshthewriter

Threadmarks: Chapter 8: Mourning

Mourning A pair of rangers arrived less than ten minutes later. They put out the fire, a golduck and a poliwhirl dousing the blaze before it could spark into a forest wide inferno. They'd seen the smoke on patrol, seen the chopper flying west in a hurry. One of them had given chase on the back...
  17. joshthewriter

Threadmarks: Chapter 7: Fault

Fault I needed another pokemon. As if the mysterious woman walking off with Curie wasn't enough, the Vermillion gym wouldn't even schedule my challenge without a third team member. Surge's intermediate challenges were different than most gyms. He was a warrior, a born and bred soldier that...
  18. joshthewriter

Threadmarks: Death of Duty, Chapter 6: Vermillion

Vermillion I stood at the seawall, a pair of trainers flanking me on each side. I'd arrived at the rally point too late to catch a glimpse of Surge and was folded into the waiting defenses by one of the few Indigo Rangers on site. He had me change the dial on my pokegear radio to the local...
  19. joshthewriter

Threadmarks: Death of Duty, Chapter 5: Goodbye

Goodbye Gemma met me after the battle, shepherding me through an interview with the waiting Indigo News 4 reporter. I stumbled through her questions, blinking like an idiot with that absurdly bright light in my eyes. She thanked me for my time and pressed a piece of paper into my hand that...
  20. joshthewriter

Threadmarks: Death of Duty, Chapter 4: Cascade

Cascade I stared intently at the catalogue, reading the prices with dismay. Gemma had suggested that we take a look at the trainer's market for a technical machine. I had no clue how they worked, but they could impart certain techniques into the minds of pokemon. Luna's list teased me with...
Back
Top Bottom