Search results for query: *

1. kantoskies

The Rocket trio's lack of screentime in Sun & Moon is honestly kind of appalling

You know, when I saw their PM003 appearance I was less than thrilled...bad motto music, tiring motto animation, dumb gacha mechanic, lack of follow up with SM, but I also told myself I would give it a chance and see how it played out in future episodes.... ....lol
  2. kantoskies

The Rocket trio's lack of screentime in Sun & Moon is honestly kind of appalling

I also think the heightened focus on them in promotional materials is a good sign they won't be subjected to Sun&Moon-level absences. I don't think we even saw them in animated form until the next-week preview for SM003! My big hopes for them this series are that we do see flashbacks of them...
  3. kantoskies

Well no, but some kind of flashback/memory would work. Something to bring that story into the main anime! Though really they should have just done SM108 as a Miyamoto episode...
  4. kantoskies

Absolutely, I feel like there would be so much they should to just with the trio let alone the organization as a whole to make it even somewhat of a respectable sendoff (Yamato / Kosaburo coming back, Miyamoto, Rumika, etc) that it doesn't seem like there's very much time left. If they do try it...
  5. kantoskies

So I'm bumping this thread because it seems like the most appropriate place to discuss this (moreso than the SM122 review thread :p): What does everyone think is the likelihood of the Rocket trio leaving after this series? This is really the first time I'm having serious thoughts that they...
  6. kantoskies

It's interesting that, for a show that has been running for over 20 years and is absolutely dominated by formula, the Rocket trio are really the only ones that seem to be criticized for it. Satoshi always does the same song and dance, why aren't more people clamoring for him to only appear half...
  7. kantoskies

I also don't think anyone literally meant "they can get job references from those past jobs", and it was more of "they've done it before and they can do it again".
  8. kantoskies

Considering how many episodes neither the Rocket trio nor Team Skull have appeared in, I think it's safe to say writing the trio out would not give Team Skull any more focus.
  9. kantoskies

That's another downside of not having Contests (and I guess Performances too) any more, they were a great way to get Musashi, and by extension the rest of the trio, involved that mixed things up a bit. Especially in Diamond&Pearl where she was more of a rival to Hikari. Which also highlights...
  10. kantoskies

I love the idea of Rocket trio members appearing on their own, I just hope Musashi gets the same luxury later on!
  11. kantoskies

Five including SM042! I feel like their absence over the summer was because Akala Island was treated like a summer arc, which worries me less about the Rocket trio's role in this series and more about how the overall story is going to be structured.
  12. kantoskies

I've always thought the writers liked having them around as a crutch to fill out episodes that ran short, but considering how infrequently they've been in this series.....
  13. kantoskies

It's a bit humorous in a dark way because we were all like "when are they going to change islands??" and then they did and it's probably been the worst batch of episodes this series has had so far.
  14. kantoskies

You know, with how big the main group is in this series we could really use another "Forest Grumps"/"Hole Lotta Trouble" type episode.
  15. kantoskies

You bring up interesting points, but I wonder if these complaints are shared with the younger fans in Japan. Or even older fans in Japan-- I feel like international message boards like these are rarely taken into consideration by the staff. I think the things that martianmister brought up are...
  16. kantoskies

Character-driven Rocket episodes, especially those that delve into their backstories, have been the one thing I've felt have been lacking since they returned to form in XY. I really hope we get some this series. I remember awhile back I came across someone on Tumblr that claimed they heard...
  17. kantoskies

So I remember when they first set up a permanent base several people (myself included) wondered how they'd follow the kids to different islands. Now it looks like we might have our answer...........................
  18. kantoskies

I don't know how these things work, would Megumi Hayashibara still be as expensive for voicing a Pokemon as a main character? But it has been sad seeing them less and less, but I also think each of their appearances have been better/more creative. I was never one to complain when they showed...
Back
Top Bottom