Search results for query: *

1. kintsugi

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

what's up fellow kids. anyone doing that newfangled NaNoWriMo this month? personally I have beat my old record of turning it into NoWriMo a whopping 3 days in, but I've decided to r/r the Halloween contest oneshots instead. writing it down means it will happen, right?
  2. kintsugi

Nuzlocke settings definitely open up a lot of messy ethics questions—if pokemon is commonly a fatal bloodsport (either all the time or really at any non-zero rate), then training for entertainment entails willingly participating in a sport that kills its non-human players for fun. You pretty...
  3. kintsugi

study buddies?
  4. kintsugi

there's no sad reacts available but let's pretend I did that
  5. kintsugi

Oh, I think you and @Misfit Angel could discuss a lot about this! Mood, cat. Mood. Yes! Chugging along to minigoal of 25k; mostly just feels good to be trying to produce content again.
  6. kintsugi

this is cat 5 i'm going in
  7. kintsugi

(if anyone was interested/didn’t have Discord—all seven words have all the vowels aeiou in alphabetical order! neat lil’ fun fact)
  8. kintsugi

this is the true best ending
  9. kintsugi

Oh, absolutely. Reviewing to get reviews in return is sort of like the plastic straw ban of the writing world—it will absolutely not be the panacea for your problem, but doing it is just one step down the road of a million things that you’ll need to do to eventually maybe somehow fix your...
  10. kintsugi

I can’t speak to AO3 and FIM, but what drives me to read/review on other forums/sites pretty much boils down to if I see them reviewing other things. Doesn’t have to be reviews for my own work (and often isn’t); I just find it valuable to understand what their desired level of feedback is as...
  11. kintsugi

I actually like it as a running theme -- humans are the odd ones out in the Pokemon universe. They can't attack and they're incredibly fragile. So of course your normal human constructs like buildings and bullets aren't going to do much; they're limited by the fact that humans are on the bottom...
  12. kintsugi

I love how they describe klefki as “fiercely jingling” to deter attackers. It’s such a cute image.
  13. kintsugi

^having a place to compile a user’s favorite authors/stories would also be nice; I know FFN has a lotta disadvantages vs XenForo (looking at you, formatting manager), but this is one of the features I like. defs beats having to search
  14. kintsugi

Depending on where you’re planning on posting — I’m pretty sure BMG’s current version takes italics/bolds from the source, so if it’s formatted in your text doc, you won’t need to reformat!
  15. kintsugi

I haven't read one, but I have written one! Two reasons: first, because a portion of the backstory involved a bunch of the palm trees on Fisherman's Wharf turning into exeggutor and murdering thousands in San Fran, and I figured it'd be distasteful for in-universe botanists to be "hurr durr...
  16. kintsugi

...i make probably 1 typo per post and that is easily the best one
  17. kintsugi

!!! people who think death note is underrated unite? no but actually if I hear one more analysis about how a kid going from a well-intentioned slacker to a mass murderer over the course of five minutes is a good example of well-paced character development I’m gonna eat a potato chip
  18. kintsugi

yo, these look sick!! my best guesses -- Kanto -- three stars for the birds; it's indigo colored for the league? The red/yellow/blue are probably for the birds specifically, although it should be noted that most of the cities are also named after those colors. Dunno why it's a moon. Johto --...
  19. kintsugi

Yeah, I like that one and the sunless namibia Hoenn one the most as far as realism goes, although I gotta admit the Kanto one looks really slick.
  20. kintsugi

saw a really neat reddit post for flags for different regions; thoughts?:
Back
Top Bottom