Search results for query: *

1. kintsugi

POPULAR: What Did You Read Today?

Read and re-read the one-shot entries so I wouldn't get wrecked by judging later in the week. Highly recommend; it's a fun bunch. also read a paper on the propagation of turbulent flow in perforated pipes, but that's... much less fun.
  2. kintsugi

Audiobook so not explicitly reading, but I started re-listening to Name of the Wind. It’s still lovely. Actual reading, bingeing Flying in the Dark. Also quite lovely.
  3. kintsugi

oh. okay. yes. I've been doing this. Distant past - Finished Curiosity, by Rod Pyle, which is a lovely book about the team that created the Mars rover. Normally I'm not a huge fan of non-memoir non-fiction where the author tries to make their own viewpoint visibly part of the story, but this...
  4. kintsugi

I. Caught up. On Guiding Light. mfw mind blown
  5. kintsugi

I LITERALLY OPENED THIS THREAD JUST TO POST THAT FML
  6. kintsugi

dude lmk when you finish it there are two sequels and I’d love a book club
  7. kintsugi

Three Body Problem, by Liu Cixi. Does aliens and virtual reality and the future but deals with them in a much more philosophical way than I’ve ever really read before. Translation is lovely; it’s originally in Chinese so it’s a refreshing swap from what’s normally prevalent in Western sci-fi.
  8. kintsugi

I found a story that probably puts quest for the ultimate SRBS clone to an end (or at least makes me realize I’m not half as original as I hoped), and read a lil’ something about a furret with dementia...
  9. kintsugi

I think I just read a fic on FFN that does the first chapter of SRBS better than I did the first chapter of SRBS. This is embarrassing. Let's see. Taking a page out of DP's book since it's technically today in yesterday... and I did some catching up on guidance and DTYD, and a few more chapters...
  10. kintsugi

Gotcha. That makes a ton of sense, actually. I read it at an age when my parents thought it was a witchcraft book so naturally I snuck it home from the library and read it in secret I wasn’t fully old enough to comprehend who are all these winged people and why is that baby in a crystal manger...
  11. kintsugi

I have some incredibly fond memories of that series, but I haven't revisited in a while. If I may, what causes the conflict?
  12. kintsugi

I reread A Wizard of Earthsea! Solid piece to revisit, and makes me nostalgic for that whole mythos again. It’s also refreshing to have someone try to tell a fantasy story in fewer than 600 page increments.
  13. kintsugi

Heya! This is a parallel thread to What Did You Write Today? except it features the other part of what we do with writing—reading! It’s kind of exactly what it says on the tin, but what did you read today? No limits on content except that it has to be readable (music, movies, etc are cool but...
Back
Top Bottom